Blogging tips

Monday, July 23, 2012

100th Post!!!

In celebration of my 100th post, I would like to tell you 100 things about myself. 

In case you've never tried to come up with 100 things about yourself...it's hard and 100 is a big number!

Some of these things are more serious and some are completely random. 

So here it goes....

The Basics:

1. I was born on February 25. 

2. I was born in Dothan, Alabama.

3. I grew up in a small town outside of Dothan, Alabama.

4. I lived with my parents and younger brother, Jacob.

5. I have dark brown hair.

6. I have hazel eyes. They often appear brown at first glance, but when looked at closely they have green in them as well. At certain times and especially in brighter light, they appear more green. 

7. I graduated from my small town's high school in 2006.

8. I graduated from Troy University in 2010.

9. I have a degree in Elementary Education.

10. I married Lee on July 17, 2010.  

My Faith: 

11. I am a Christian, Christ Follower, Disciple of Christ

12. My spiritual gifts are giving and service.

13. I grew up attending First Baptist Church in my small town. 

14. I now attend Theresa Baptist Church where my husband is a youth minister.

15. Radical by David Platt and Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis are two books that really impacted my life. 

16. My favorite verse to explain my salvation is "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:8-10

17. My favorite verse to challenge me to give and be less selfish is "If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?" 1 John 3:17

18. If I had to choose only one album to listen to for the rest of my life it would be Glory Revealed II. All of these songs are so beautiful and they are singing scripture.

19. I am currently reading through the book of Romans in my own personal time with the Lord.

20. My husband is leading our family in family devotions reading through the whole Bible. We've just started so we're currently in Genesis. 

Favorites: 

21.  My favorite movie is Titanic.

22. My favorite book series is Harry Potter.

23. My second favorite book series is The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.

24. My favorite book (not in a book series) is The Thornbirds by Coleen McCullough.

25. My second favorite book (not in a book series) is Gone with the Wind.

26. My favorite Nicholas Sparks book is Dear John (I didn't like the movie).

27. My favorite color is orange although yellow is coming in a close second.

28. My favorite TV series is The Vampire Diaries.

29. My favorite holiday is Christmas.

30. My favorite hymn is this version of Be Thou My Vision.

Pet Peeves:

31. Bad grammar irritates me.

32. I'm a neat freak. I want everything to be in its place. I can only stand things out of their place for so long.

33. Whistling is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

34. Adults who don't act like adults also irritate me.

35. Belly buttons gross me out.

36. I hate when people don't follow road rules. (Ex: not using blinker, not stopping at a stop sign)

37. I hate when people don't understand how a 4 way stop works and you're all sitting there awkwardly waiting for someone to go.

38. Those people who are 'know it alls' or like to 'one up' everybody annoy me.

39. It irritates me when people are on their cell phones all the time. When you're having a meal with someone or visiting with someone-you don't need to have your phone out messing with it.

40. It bothers me when people honk their horn at you the instant a light turns green. That is a real bad habit of people in the Raleigh area. I like to sit there a moment longer when people do that. :)

Guilty Pleasures: 


41. I love listening to the 90's Pop Pandora station.

42. I Google most questions that pop into my mind-no matter how random.


43. I love eating cookie dough.


44. I enjoy watching reality TV shows.


45. I enjoy singing songs from Glee, Disney, musicals, etc. in my car while pretending I am a part of the movie, TV show, etc. 


46.  I like reading celebrity gossip magazines when I'm relaxing at the beach.


47. I enjoy watching cheesy movies-like the ones that always come on TV.


48. I love taking naps.


49. I love being comfy. I would wear pajama pants, sweat pants, comfy pants and a t-shirt everyday and everywhere if this was socially acceptable.


50. I love to floss.

Random Facts: 

51. I'm not a night person. After a certain time, I'm useless. I also don't function well if I get less than 8 hours of sleep.

52. I love Oreo Blizzards from Dairy Queen.


53. I also love those frozen yogurt places where you make your own. 

54. I love M&M's and mini Reese's.

55. I firmly believe in the 5 second rule.

56. I always flush with my foot in public restrooms.

57. I like things to be organized and planned out. It bothers me when things aren't that way.

58. I enjoy traveling.

59. I enjoy watching college football and my favorite team is University of Alabama.

60. I collect snow globes.


Bucket List 

61. I would like to learn to sew.

62. I would love to visit all 50 states.

63. I would love to visit Italy.

64. It would be neat to write a children's book. 

65. I want to see a Broadway play.

66. I would like to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person.

67.  I want to take a random road trip with no plan. (If my organized, like to have a plan self could handle it)


68. It would be neat to be an extra in a movie.


69. It would be awesome to be a part of a flash mob.


70. I want to live out this quote-" I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count." -Jack from "Titanic"

My Past

71. I played the clarinet from 6th grade to 12th grade.

72. I was a member of my high school's marching band colorguard from 10th to 12th grade.

73. I was a part of Troy University's marching band colorguard during my freshman year of college.

74. I was co-valedictorian of my graduating class.

75. I am my class' senior president.

76. I was on the yearbook staff in high school.

77. I took piano lessons for about 6 years. I wish I was better at it and could play well today.

78, My friends and I loved to play with American Girl dolls when we were younger.

79. I played softball from the time I was 4 until I was in 6th grade for the city. Then, I played with my church's youth softball team from middle school until I graduated from high school. I've only ever played slow pitch, though.

80. When I was a young child, I did not like loud noises. Fireworks terrified me. I also didn't like the firetrucks and marching band during parades. 

My Hobbies

81. I love to craft.

82. I love reading. I always have and hope I always will. 

83. I enjoy working out, but have a hard time getting motivated to do it.

84. I enjoy singing and miss being a part of my church's choirs and singing with my friends.

85. I enjoy baking. I wish I was better at it.

86. Pinning-Is that a hobby? I find so many wonderful ideas on Pinterest.

87. I'm wanting to become better at photography. I am very jealous of people with great photography skills.

88. I am working on making blogging a new hobby. I have been doing it seriously for about 5 months now.

89. I used to love to design houses when I was a teenager. I used to even have a computer program that you could design houses on.

90. I enjoy having "me" time. Again, not sure if this is a hobby, but I am an introvert who loves spending some time with myself. Don't get my wrong, I enjoy hanging out with others, but I need my alone time too.

If...

 91. If I had pursued the job I wanted in elementary school, I'd be a fashion designer. Which is funny because I'm not a "fashion" person. I just liked to draw and design dresses when I was bored in school or at home, so I thought designing dresses would be a neat job.

92. If I didn't want a family or to be settled in one spot, I would work for the Travel Channel or a travel magazine. I love traveling to new places.

93. If I had pursued the job I considered for the most years, I would be an architect or a drafter. I loved designing houses when I was younger.

94. If I ever were to get a master's degree, I think I would get it in school counseling.

95. If I could have a superpower, I would want to be able to become invisible. Although, I would use this power for evil rather than good. I would definitely be nosy and spy on people if I could become invisible.

96. If I could give myself a talent, I would want to be able to dance. I love to watch people dance on shows like "Dancing with the Stars" and "So You Think You Can Dance."

97. If I sit still long enough, I will start to daydream. I am a daydreamer.

98. If I had to be a contestant on a game show, I would want to be on "Wheel of Fortune." I'm awesome at "Wheel of Fortune." :)

99. If I could be in the audience of a talk show, I would want to go to "The Ellen Show" during Christmas time. I love watching her show and she give out great gifts at Christmas time.

100. If I could have one wish right now it would be for Lee's stomach problems to go away and never come back.

Well, there you have it- 100 things about me. Hopefully, you know me better now.

Thanks for reading and following my blog! 

I love seeing the numbers go up of how many people read my posts.

I love getting comments. I love finding new blogs to follow.  

I love getting new followers.  

Blogging has been so much fun so far, so here's to 100 more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New follower from the GFC blog hop! I love your post, and the Scripture verses are some of my favorites! I hope you will join me at my blog as well.

http://faithhopeabound.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's me again..I was reading more of your list. Are you currently living in Raleigh, NC? I'm in Kinston, NC which is about 1 hr and 15 mins east of you :).

The Life Of Faith said...

Hi Megan! Congratulations on your 100th post:) I'm a new follower from the GFC blog hop:)

Naptime Review said...

That is a big list! Congrats on your 100th post too!

New follower from GFC hop! love for you to stop by and return the follow.

Hosting Like Me on Facebook. Great way to increase your likes and twitter followers. Over 100 so far! Hope you can join!

www.thenaptimereview.com