Happy Monday! Today is my first day back to school with my new students. I worked nonstop last week, through the weekend, and will continue to work a lot this week. It takes so much to start off a new school year.
Enough about me...I'm happy to announce my first ever guest post!
Today's guest post is by Jennifer Blair.

First and foremost, Jennifer is a Christ follower whose blog posts will both challenge and encourage you. She is also an amazing photographer. I love looking at her photos. God has given her a talent and she is using it for Him.
You should definitely check out her blog and her Facebook page.
*************************************************************************
There are two kinds of people
in the world: those who do cannon balls and those who test the
water.
I don't
know about you guys, but I always test the water before I get in the
pool...or any water for that matter. I've never been a cannon ball type
person. Come to think about it, I'm not sure I've ever done a cannon
ball. Some people love it though. I can just see it. Everyone is in
their swim suits, putting on sunscreen when out of nowhere comes this
guy (because it's normally that guy) who suddenly
blazes past everyone. Running like stallion out of the gate, he heads
for the dock and catapults into the water without hesitation. Yeah, he's
totally cool for doing that. All the girls are impressed dude. Psych!
Not really. The smart people cautiously find their way to the edge and
stick their toe in the water before venturing in for a dip.
I like to
test things before taking the plunge. You never know if the water is
going to be colder than the Arctic, right? Sure, being cautious is a
good thing. We test drive cars, test our coffee to make sure it's not
too hot, test products in labs before putting them on the shelves, just
to name a few things. No one wants to come out of the shower with blue
hair because Suave didn't test their product before shipping! Testing is
beneficial in a lot of ways, but it's so good in our spiritual life
most of the time.
I might be
the only one, but I test God way too much. I feel like Gideon in the Old
Testament quite frequently. God called him do something REALLY big, and
he was a nobody from an insignificant tribe of Israel. Gideon tested
God again and again before he followed through with what God had called
him to do. (The account can be found in Judges
6.)
When God
calls I still act like I'm at the pool or lake - I want to test the
water.
God says,
"I'm calling you to do ____ (fill in the blank)."
I say, "God
are you sure? You know I'm not really good at that. I might mess up. I
might not be good enough. Can you give me a sign?"
"Don't
worry child. I am your strength. I will provide you with everything you
need to accomplish it."
"God, I'm
just not sure. I guess I can try though."
As soon as I put my little toe out into the water, I find it
colder than I thought and doubt of God's calling encompasses me. I get
scared and back away like the kid too chicken to go swimming because he
might drown.
I need a
"cannon ball" kind of faith not a"testing the water" kind, which really
isn't faith at all. God is calling me lately to do something that is so
much bigger than what I can accomplish on my own. And I'm like Gideon - a
nobody from an insignificant place, ordinary and nothing special. Does
that effect what he can do through me though? Not
at all. Nor does it with you. I pray that I will have "cannon ball"
faith and jump into God's will for my life. Yes, it will probably be
cold and uncomfortable, but He never said that following Him wouldn't be
hard sometimes...a lot of times. Actually, we suppose to expect it to
be difficult. But the fact remains that we cannot stay where we are and
go with God.
So what is
God calling you to do? Are you "testing the water" with Him or are you
jumping, trusting Him in faith?
He who
promised to be with us is faithful, so let's cannon ball
together.
***********************************************************************************
Thanks Jennifer!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for this post I loved it! I am definitely the "cannon ball" type person when it comes to some times... but I need to be more like that with the things that God wants me to do! XO
Post a Comment