This is my third week linking up with The Austin Family Diary and Life. Love. Lauren. for the 10 Day You Challenge.
This link up has been so much fun! I am loving reading everyone else's posts. This week is
8 fears.
1. My biggest fear is someone I love dying too soon.
(I hate to even type that out or say it).
2. My second biggest fear is not being able to have children.
3. The fear I can remember having the longest is a fear of bad weather. When I was younger, bad weather terrified me. Now, I can control myself, but I still don't like it. I've found that it helps me to have access to the internet or a TV where I can be informed of what's going on rather than wondering.
4. I'm afraid of being home alone in a house. For some reason, it doesn't bother me to be home alone in our apartment, but when we lived in a house or when I lived with my parents, I refused to stay home alone for long periods of time and never at night.
5. I'm scared of cows. They're creepy animals. I grew up with cows behind my house and I hated them. They just stare at you. We had a golf cart we rode around our property for fun and a few times it broke down in the middle of the pasture and I had to face my fear and walk by the scary cows to get home.
6. I'm also scared of bodies of water-unless it's a pool. I don't like to swim in the ocean, river, lakes, etc. If there are animals in it, I don't want to be in it too! One time Lee and I rented a jet ski to ride in the ocean and I was screaming at him the whole time that he better not throw me off. I didn't want to become shark food!
7. I have a fear of saying something wrong or sounding stupid. I am a quiet person. I speak when I have something to say. Unless I'm with someone I'm really comfortable with, I don't talk just for the sake of talking. I don't like to look or sound stupid so I always over-analyze things that I do say. I don't mind talking in front of people if I have time to prepare and think about what I'm going to say, but I panic if I have to talk without warning.
8. I'm a pretty paranoid person and watching certain TV shows or movies put ideas in my mind. I'm the person who is suspicious of people who seem to be "following" me or of riding in the elevator alone with someone or of trying to put groceries in my trunk when I'm by myself (because you know someone could come stuff you in it). These types of things are constantly going through my mind when I'm out and about, but I try to push those thoughts to the back of my mind.
Whew! That was a serious post! Glad it's over. :)
What are your biggest fears?
8 fears.
1. My biggest fear is someone I love dying too soon.
(I hate to even type that out or say it).
2. My second biggest fear is not being able to have children.
3. The fear I can remember having the longest is a fear of bad weather. When I was younger, bad weather terrified me. Now, I can control myself, but I still don't like it. I've found that it helps me to have access to the internet or a TV where I can be informed of what's going on rather than wondering.
4. I'm afraid of being home alone in a house. For some reason, it doesn't bother me to be home alone in our apartment, but when we lived in a house or when I lived with my parents, I refused to stay home alone for long periods of time and never at night.
5. I'm scared of cows. They're creepy animals. I grew up with cows behind my house and I hated them. They just stare at you. We had a golf cart we rode around our property for fun and a few times it broke down in the middle of the pasture and I had to face my fear and walk by the scary cows to get home.
6. I'm also scared of bodies of water-unless it's a pool. I don't like to swim in the ocean, river, lakes, etc. If there are animals in it, I don't want to be in it too! One time Lee and I rented a jet ski to ride in the ocean and I was screaming at him the whole time that he better not throw me off. I didn't want to become shark food!
7. I have a fear of saying something wrong or sounding stupid. I am a quiet person. I speak when I have something to say. Unless I'm with someone I'm really comfortable with, I don't talk just for the sake of talking. I don't like to look or sound stupid so I always over-analyze things that I do say. I don't mind talking in front of people if I have time to prepare and think about what I'm going to say, but I panic if I have to talk without warning.
8. I'm a pretty paranoid person and watching certain TV shows or movies put ideas in my mind. I'm the person who is suspicious of people who seem to be "following" me or of riding in the elevator alone with someone or of trying to put groceries in my trunk when I'm by myself (because you know someone could come stuff you in it). These types of things are constantly going through my mind when I'm out and about, but I try to push those thoughts to the back of my mind.
Whew! That was a serious post! Glad it's over. :)
What are your biggest fears?

12 comments:
I feel you on 1 & 4. I am afraid of being eaten by a shark too, haha. I am a over analyzer as well. Welp have a great day! I joined your GFC; glad you are doing the challenge and I found your blog. You can find me @ http://www.onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com
Cows? Interesting! When I was little and got scared at the thunder and lightning, my mom used to tell me that it was God bowling and whenever he got a strike or a spare the lighting happened. Since then I have honestly never been scared! Thanks for linking up!
Haha I do the same thing about the paranoid from tv shows thing! I have horrofic thoughts of someone shoving me down my trash shoot from the 30th floor of my apartment building. What is wrong with us?!
Newest follower from the GFC hop and happy to have found you!
2 and 3 are mine too! i am always still anxious about tornardoes, i don't like watching tv and seeing the warnings pop up across the screen.
happy tuesday!
I've never heard of cows before!
But I guess I understand it!
TV shows really do a number on people, its why I'm so paranoid of random events.
www.roothless.xo.blogspot.ca
#8. I am ALL over that one! I'm always looking over my shoulder...especially watching crazy movies!
I grew up with cows in the back pasture too. And they're still there. I'm nonoe too fond of them but I'm not scared of cows themselves. Bulls? Yes. Never have I seen a man run so fast as when one of the bulls started chasing our neighbor, the farmer.
I'm with you on the fear of water. I like looking at the ocean but I have no desire to sail on it! Large waves in particular scare me. I had nightmares for years after seeing Titanic--even though I LOVED the movie!! Newest follower from the GFC blog hop. Would love it if you could visit and follow back! Thanks for sharing!
We have a lot of the same fears! Bodies of water--I'm terrified of the ocean...I will only get ankle deep and even that freaks me out. Thanks so much for linking up! Have a great week :)
I agree with your number one fear. I honestly haven't really thought about what I fear the most, but that is just heart breaking. Visiting you from the GFC blog hop. I am happy to be a new GFC follower. Looking forward to following you and your blog. I blog over at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com, so come on over and see me sometime ;)
Just wanted to let you know about the coffee mug swap I have going on right now with Brittney from Yellow Umbrella Designs. This is a mug swap with a twist, it allows for more networking to go on. I would love to have you join in on all the fun! Here are all the details on it:
http://yellowumbrelladesign.blogspot.com/2012/08/coffee-mug-swap.html
Talk to ya soon :D
Dalayna
#6, I hate it too!!!!!!
Ugh...big ol scardy cat I am with the Ocean!
~ Lauren
Oh my word, Megan. I can relate to all of these except the cows. And your #7 is me to a T. I am trying to do better about this, but I always have a fear I will sound so stupid with what I say. I can rationalize it in my mind much better than speaking it. As far as bodies of water...I only get my feet wet at the ocean. My Mom tried to get me to go out waist deep in the ocean when we were at the OBX but I could not do it. I am the same way when Brandon and I rent a jet ski. I enjoy them, but I am so afraid of Brandon taking a quick turn and throwing me off.
Post a Comment