Blogging tips

Friday, August 31, 2012

Favorite Things About August

Is August over already?!?

That means, I have only 6 more days until my first break!

Here are a few of my favorite things from the month of August:

1. Finding the 10 Day You Challenge link up. This has been such a fun link up because it changes every week and it helps you get to know others better. You also have to do a little bit of "soul searching" to come up with your own post.

2. Being given a massage gift card from my fellow 4th grade teachers. I definitely look forward to using it during my break from school!

3. Using Scholastic Book Clubs again. I used Scholastic all the time my first year teaching. I was able to get tons of books for FREE! You earn points and money and books just by having your students order books. I moved to a new school last year and never got around to using it last year. I used it again this year and got really excited when I picked out my free books.

4. Seeing the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. You can tell I'm a teacher. I have read all the books in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and I've seen all the movies. Lee and I love them. They're so funny and they're good, clean fun-which is hard to come by these days. 
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 Film

5. This quote I found on Pinterest. This definitely encouraged me in my life right now.

What are your favorite things from this month?

9 comments:

Erin said...

I cannot believe it's almost September too! Where the heck did the summer go?

Hailey said...

I started my favorite things post the exact same way! September starts tomorrow. WOW! I just can't believe it!

I LOVE Scholastic Book Clubs! Caroline didn't bring any home in Kindergarten but I am hoping she will now that she is in 1st grade.

Lindsay said...

I can't believe August is almost over! Great quote!

Alyssa said...

What a fun August!! I can't believe it's almost over either!! So crazy! The time is going by so fast!! (: Found your blog through the blog hop! Have a great weekend!

Ashley said...

I thought I already commented on this post...but obviously I didn't???

How awesome is it that you got a massage gift card??? You have the absolute best co workers!! I know that's very well deserved!

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! And yes I can't believe August is over...
Candice@www.lillythroughthevalley.blogspot.ca

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

So glad you are loving the link up! I am loving reading your answers!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's so pathetic that I haven't seen the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies. It's been on my list of movies I want to watch for so long, but I just haven't done it yet...procrastination a bit maybe?

Heather said...

I love that Thomas Jefferson quote!!!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com