I'm so excited to have found a new blog to follow-Kelli @ Tales of the Younger Twin. Her blog seems like a lot of fun and I look forward to reading about her adventures.
Every Wednesday, she hosts Wonderlust Wednesdays. This is a link up to encourage you to try something new.
Well, my new thing is not too adventurous, but I'm excited about it. I've decided to learn to crochet!

Maybe Ryan will make it more exciting for you. :)
I'm always up for trying new crafty things and crocheting seemed like a fun new thing to learn.
I hope to one day be able to make cute crocheted animals like this:
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
I also think it would be neat to make a blanket for children we may have in the future.
![]() |
| via |
Or how cute are these crocheted hats?
| via |
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
But...I am no where near being able to do any of that. I am using Crafty Minx's blog to teach myself how to crochet. She has a whole bunch of videos giving step by step instructions.
I already owned a crochet hook from another craft project I had done, but I went out and bought a few more.
I also bought some yarn.

Here's what I can do so far.

Ok, so I know that's not much, but I'm learning. Maybe one day I'll be able to make something awesome like this:
I'll keep you posted!
I also bought some yarn.
Here's what I can do so far.
Ok, so I know that's not much, but I'm learning. Maybe one day I'll be able to make something awesome like this:
![]() |
| via |








7 comments:
Goodness, it would be so cool to make those harry potter characters! And the cute hats! Found you through Kelli's link-up :)
Newest Follower
Ashley
ashley-kristine.blogspot.com
Okkkk.......you HAVE to make the Harry Potter characters one day. I'm expecting that!!!
Can I tell you that I just tried crocheting for the first time last night. Let's just say.....I'm not very good at it. :-)
I have wanted to learn this for a while now, but I haven't been able to find someone to teach me that lives close by. My grandmother could, but I don't think a 10 hr drive would work well. I can't wait to see what you make! I'm super excited for you and your new craft!
I'm so excited that you did this! You are soooo awesome, I wish I knew how to crochet. I'm impressed and thank you so much for linking-up! Make sure to keep me posted on what you are making next. Come visit again same time, same place next week? :) Have a great night!
talesoftheyoungertwin.blogspot.com
Awesome! I learned a few basic crochet stitches a few years ago. I've made lots of dish rags and pot holders and one baby blanket. I also started on a bag, but it definitely gets more complicated when you have to do round objects. Good luck!
you can do more than me! crochet is not my thing but boy are those harry potter plushes awesome! Have a happy Thursday and be sure to check out my giveaway ending tonight! . BTW I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!
good luck!! i tried to start learning last fall and have not done very well! i am in the middle (well i have like 3 rows) of a scarf, but i get stuck a lot and not having someone to show me is no good. i don't do too well with videos and i tried to skype with momma, but i couldn't tell what she was doing! lol!
Post a Comment