**If you haven't entered my Diaper Design Giveaway, there's still time!**
I can't let the summer go by without making my all time favorite dessert.
I can't let the summer go by without making my all time favorite dessert.
Both my mom and Meemaw make this for me most of the time when I come home for a visit. They know I love it.
It's the simplest thing to make and it tastes so good. It's an easy treat to whip together for a summer get together or just because. The only downside is it needs to stay frozen. If you're like us, you don't have a lot of room in your freezer.
You only need 3 ingredients: 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, an 8 oz container of Cool Whip, and a package of Oreos.
First, you have to get the ice cream out of the container and let it sit out for a while and become soft.
Next, you need to crush the entire package of Oreos. I've done this many different ways. I'm very thankful that I now have this handy little device to chop them up. It takes no time at all if you have something similar. If not, you can always crush them up in a bowl by hand or with some other kitchen utensil.
After crushing the Oreos, you pour them into the container with the melting ice cream. Then, you pour the entire container of Cool Whip in as well.
Once all your ingredients are in your container, you need to mix it together really well. Mix it until you can no longer see the yellowy vanilla color, the white Cool Whip color, or chunks of Oreo crumbs. It should blend together.
After it is all mixed together, smooth out the top, close up your container, and put it in the freezer. This is the worst part-waiting. While you can technically eat it now, it's supposed to become hard in the freezer.
Next, you need to crush the entire package of Oreos. I've done this many different ways. I'm very thankful that I now have this handy little device to chop them up. It takes no time at all if you have something similar. If not, you can always crush them up in a bowl by hand or with some other kitchen utensil.
After crushing the Oreos, you pour them into the container with the melting ice cream. Then, you pour the entire container of Cool Whip in as well.
Once all your ingredients are in your container, you need to mix it together really well. Mix it until you can no longer see the yellowy vanilla color, the white Cool Whip color, or chunks of Oreo crumbs. It should blend together.
After it is all mixed together, smooth out the top, close up your container, and put it in the freezer. This is the worst part-waiting. While you can technically eat it now, it's supposed to become hard in the freezer.
7 comments:
oh my gosh...yummy!!!
Thanks for linking up to the HOP today!
oooh this dessert looks yummy especially on a super hot evening, always need a good dessert to cool off
This looks delicious! I'm a sucker for anything with oreos in it!
I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can find more information about it on my blog post here:
http://smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
Please check it out :)
Best,
Sapir
smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com
Wow! Yummy! My kids will definitely love this!!
clip in hair extensions human hair
I'm going to have to try this very soon. I don't know who likes oreos more...my husband or me. So easy, too! Thanks for sharing, Megan!
Wow this looks so good, Megan! I will definitely have to try it! Pinning this so I remember :)
yep. definitely going to be trying this!
Post a Comment