Today's the last day to enter the Diaper Design Giveaway!!!
I am so honored to have received my second award in one week!
I am so honored to have received my second award in one week!
Amy at Faith & Hope Abound nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I have seen this award floating around many times since I've started blogging and I am honored to have been given it.
Thanks Amy! You're so sweet!

Here are the rules for this award:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post
3. Tell them you've tagged them
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged
5. No tag backs
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post
3. Tell them you've tagged them
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged
5. No tag backs
Just like with The Versatile Blogger Award, I'm going to break the rules a little bit. (Sorry I'm not usually such a rebel). I am not going to be nominating anyone for this award and here is why.
I am "picky" about the blogs I follow. I try to choose blogs that are written by people who seem to have things in common with me or write about topics that interest me. That doesn't mean that I don't like other people's blogs or think they're great. For example, there are a lot of great "mommy blogs" out there, but I don't have children, so those topics don't interest me right now. Also, I try to comment on the blogs and establish a relationship with the people I do follow. Therefore, I don't follow a lot of blogs. Because of this, if I were to nominate 11 people, I would nominate the majority of the people I follow which to me defeats the purpose of giving someone an award. I also just participated in The Versatile Blogger award and gave out 7 nominations for that award. The last reason I'm not nominating anyone is I believe that the majority of the people I follow have been given this award before.
But...I still want to participate since I already listed 7 facts about myself from The Versatile Blogger award, I'll just add 4 more to make 11 and answer Amy's questions.
4 more random facts about me
1. I am only allergic to one thing that I know of-minocycline. This is an antibiotic I took when I was a teenager. It caused me to swell up and have a lot of pain in my joints.
2. I have a slight heart murmur. This was identified when I was in middle school and had to get a physical for band. The older I got the harder and harder time the doctor had hearing it. I haven't had a physical in a while so I'm not sure if it's still there.
3. If I could not teach elementary school, but had to teach...I would want to teach a high school literature/English class. I love reading and would love doing novels and activities to go along with them.
4. I LOVE to read! My favorite genre to read is historical fiction. I love being transported to another place and time. Plus, you always learn new things.
Answering Amy's questions
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why? This one's tough! There are so many places in the world I would LOVE to go. I love history, so anywhere with a lot of history interests me-so basically all over Europe. :) If I had to choose ONE place, I would choose Italy. It's full of history. I have also read so many books set in Italy. My husband's heritage is Italian. It seems like a romantic place to visit.
2. What is your favorite book? Another hard question, because I love to read. I don't have a favorite book, I have a favorite series. I love the Harry Potter series. I read through the whole series about once every year. It never gets old. To me that is a true masterpiece-when you can read a book over and over again and not get tired of it. I read the first book when I was about 11 or 12 and have "grown up" with Harry.
3. If you could change one thing in the world what would you choose and why? Well, there are a lot of things that I think need changing, but I can think of one that would probably solve a lot of problems. I wish people would be more respectful towards one another. This is something that I try to teach my 4th graders and I hope they remember it as they get older. You don't have to like everyone, but you should respect them because they're human beings too.
4. Name one person who has had a positive influence in your life. How? So many people have influenced my life in different ways. I can't pick just one person, so I'm going to say my whole family. I would not be the person I am today if it weren't for my family. My grandparents created a Godly heritage to pass down through the generations. My parents taught me God's truths at a young age and incorporated His word in every situation. They were all always there for me to support me in anything I did. I have also been blessed with loving aunts, uncles, and cousins. Now that I live farther away, I cherish spending time with my family. God has also blessed me with a wonderful new family through my husband.
My mom's side of the family at our wedding-this is only a small number of my family who has positively influenced my life.
5. Dogs or cats or both or neither? If I had to choose between the two, I prefer dogs. I'm not really an animal person, though. We always had outside animals growing up. We had both dogs and cats. I have grown to not like cats very much. They actually kind of scare me because they'll attack you for no reason and when they're not attacking you, they're indifferent to your existence. I like certain people's dogs. I prefer dogs that don't jump on you or lick you. Lee and I would like to have an outside dog one day when we have a house.
6. What is your favorite childhood memory? I have a lot of happy childhood memories, but the ones that stick out the most are going on yearly vacations with my mom's side of the family. Every year, we would go to the beach with my mom's brother and sister and their family. One year, we went to Disney World instead. One year, we went to Texas instead. And two years, we went the mountains instead. My mom's side of the family has always been close and I grew up with my cousins being like my brothers and sisters. I miss those vacations!
Me & my girl cousins on one of our beach trips
7. What is one of your hobbies? Crafting is one of my favorite hobbies. I don't do it nearly enough for many reasons. It can be an expensive hobby. I don't have a lot of free time. We don't have a lot of room in our apartment, so my craft stuff is stacked up in our spare room and it takes some time to drag it all out. It can be a great stress reliever for me and I hope to one day have a craft room.
An Alabama wreath I made
8. What is your favorite movie and why? This one is easy. I love the movie Titanic. When this movie came out, I was in the 4th grade! Surprisingly, my parents actually let me see it. I loved it back then because I was in love with Leonardo DiCaprio and I thought it was a good love story. As I've grown older, I have fallen in love with the deeper meaning of the story. I love the idea of living your life to the fullest. If you're interested, I wrote a blog about the reason I love this movie. This quote sums up the movie for me and why I love it: “I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.”-Jack Dawson

9. Do you collect a certain item? Yes, I collect snow globes. I started collecting them in middle school and have gotten one from every place I've ever visited (if they sell snow globes). I also have several nice ones that were given to me as gifts. My husband even gave me a snow globe as a wedding present.
10. Do you have something that makes you happy? If so, what is it and why does it make you happy? Traveling with my husband makes me happy. I love to visit new places and there's no one I'd rather visit new places with than my husband. I don't even mind the car rides to get there because I love spending that time talking. It is so nice to be able to get away and enjoy time together.
Our honeymoon to Gatlinburg, Tennessee
11. Name one goal you have that you are working towards or one goal you have accomplished in your life. One ongoing goal I have is to be less selfish. I want to think less of myself and more of others. This will affect my marriage, my work, and basically any other relationship I have. It will also affect what I do with my time and money. I don't say this to brag on myself. I am very selfish. God has shown me, though, that I should put others before myself. It is a daily struggle. It is not a goal that I will ever reach, but it's one that I want to affect every area of my life.


3 comments:
Congrats Megan!!!
I knew there was a reason we were friends....Harry Potter AND Titanic....Favorites!
I'm quickly learning we have even more in common besides our strong faith. 1. I have a heart murmur as well. 2. I love history and Italy is the place I most want to visit. 3. Don't know if you're a BAMA fan or not, but I am & I absolutely LOVE the wreath! I want one! HA! 4. While making these questions I answered them all myself in my mind and your goal to work towards is the same as mine...being less selfish. I, too, have been very selfish, and my Daddy was a very unselfish man. Since losing him, this is something I pray about each day, and I can say the Lord is continuing to answer that prayer and break and mold me to be more Christ like.
I loved reading your answers and of course I learned even more about you! I had to giggle at the answer to dog, cats, etc. When my husband was little, his father had to get between my hubby and a cat very quickly or it would have attacked my husband. I think my mother-in-law said my FIL beat the cat with a board. Scary cats.
I really enjoyed learning more about you through your answers! I'm also a huge fan of historical fiction and LOVED all my high school English/Lit classes. I had the best teachers which helped. So glad you were able to share more about who you are!
Post a Comment