Blogging tips

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I am so excited about how my blog has grown recently. 
I know that compared to other blogs, I don't have a big following.
But I've had a lot of growth in the past few weeks.
I have had the opportunity to meet a lot more great people.
I have given my first 2 guest posts and I'm hosting my first giveaway (which you should go enter if you haven't already).

So, I was thrilled when Sapir from Smell the Wildflowers nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award.


Thank you so much Sapir! You are awesome!

The Rules
1. Thank the person who gave you the award in a blog post & link back to their blog.
2. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow.
3. Include 7 random things about you in the blog post.
4. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Random Facts about Me

1. I love Christmas! I love everything about it. Celebrating Jesus' birth, decorations, Christmas songs, baking, Christmas movies, giving, and the list could go on and on.

2. I collect snowglobes. I try to find a snowglobe from any place we go visit. I also have several nice snowglobes that were given to me as gifts. My favorite being the snowglobe Lee gave me as a wedding present.

3. I'm currently reading the book Holes to my 4th grade class and I think it is one of my favorite children's books.

4. Reality TV is a guilty pleasure of mine. I can sit there and talk about how dumb a show is, but won't turn the channel because it fascinates me.

5. I love to floss! It's amazing how good your teeth feel after flossing.

6. I'm completely grossed out by belly buttons-even my own. I don't like to look at them, I don't like to touch them, and I don't like anyone to touch mine.

7. I love making lists. It is such a great stress reliever. If it's on a list, I don't have to think about it and try to remember it. I have lists upon lists at my house and on my desk at school.

*Okay, I'm going to break the rules a little. You are supposed to nominate 15 blogs. I only follow about 20 blogs right now, so I would pretty much nominate every blog I follow which to me kind of defeats the purpose. So, I'm nominating 7 blogs.*

My *7* Nominees
5. {today I am}
6. The Mrs.
7. Chasing Birdies

 All of these are great blogs that you should definitely visit. :)

To my nominees:
There is no obligation to participate, but if you do please send me the link to your blog post - I would love to read your 7 randoms!

Have a great Friday!

6 comments:

Heidi-likes said...

Congratulations on your award! x

http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

Samantha Shepherd said...

Oh wow, thanks Megan! I've always LOVED Holes. I know when I finally get my own classroom, read alouds will be one of my favorite times of the day. :)

Shelby said...

Thank you so much!! I'll be sure to give you a shout out on my blog:)

Unknown said...

We collect snow globes too! Well, if you consider three snow globes a collection, but I definitely have a fascination with them anyway!
I'm so glad you decided to participate! Hope you have a great weekend!
Best,
Sapir
smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

Thanks girl :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, Megan! And you, my dear, have a blog award on my page. Yes, count that as 2 in one week for both of us. Thank you again for your wonderful post on my blog! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'm playing catch up with your blog asap!