*Note: This post is not being endorsed by anyone. It is my unsolicited opinion.*
I have seen these personalized Camelbaks floating around the internet for a while now.
I actually considered buying one, but then I remembered my motto- "Don't buy it if you can make it yourself."
I take water with me to work every day in the various bottles and cups that I have.
I decided to get rid of most of those and buy myself two Camelbak bottles.
I'm already in love with these bottles for a couple of reasons. Reason #1-They're not easily broken. I drop my bottles and cups all the time because when I carry them to and from work my hands are so full. I've broken a few that way. I've dropped these bottles a few times and so far so good. Reason #2- The water doesn't spill. Along with dropping my cups and bottles, I also had a tendency to bend over or tip my cup and spill water all over myself. These bottles are spill proof. They're also BPA free and can be either insulated or not. I got one of each and honestly prefer the non-insulated one.
The only down side was getting used to having to bite on the mouthpiece while drinking water. Now that I'm used to it, though, it's not a problem.
I bought mine from Dick's Sporting Goods, but I recently saw where Target also carries them.
They were boring and plain before. I used my Cricut Expressions and my Lyrical Letters Cartridge to change that.
I used the Loop Dee Loo font. I cut my name out at 2 inches. When I did my monogram, I cut the H out at 4 inches and the M and D at 2 inches.
Now I have my own personalized Camelbak bottles.





12 comments:
Super cute! I love how the lettering gives them a little something special but you didn't have to pay a ton for personalization! Do you use your Cricut often? I've been thinking about getting one for scrapbooking but I'm not sure about the cost...
that is such a cute idea!!
SUPER ADORABLE! I've been wanting to get a personalized one, but just didn't want to pay for it! I love that you did it yourself and it came out fabulous! I got my husband his at Target, and then later mine at Road Runner Sports. We LOVE them, but yes, chewing the mouth piece was AWKWARD at first!
Love and I've got at least 3-4 CamelBak's of my own, guess it's time for me to pull out the Cricut!!! Pinning so I remember of course :)
Hey girl - I saw your comment about trusting God so I clicked and had to come for a visit! I'm a Christian and your words were so encouraging. Amazing how God times things SO perfectly!!!!
http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com
Wait! I just saw that you're in NC?! Me, too! Where? Message me and let me know - if we're close we'll have to get together!!!!
Those look awesome!!! Way to make them yourself, too. I have a Camelbak water bottle too and I seriously love it. Best water bottle I've ever had!!
Love these! So creative and I bet it was WAY more cost efficient! :)
Love these! So creative and I bet it was WAY more cost efficient! :)
What kind of vinyl did you use? Do you have to handwash the bottles now? I've got a silhouette and love to vinyl any and everything possible, but I haven't really tackled anything that washable lol.
This is an awesome idea!! It looks really cool :) I love your blog xxx
http://a-woman-ofsubstance.blogspot.co.uk/
Post a Comment