Blogging tips

Friday, March 15, 2013

Bloglovin Bandwagon & Some Friday Funnies

Today I'm doing something I haven't done in a LONG time. 

I'm writing this post and then publishing it. 

When I discovered how to schedule posts, I began writing all of my posts and scheduling them ahead of time. 

But today I'm feeling spontaneous! :)

First of all, I woke up yesterday to blog post after blog post and tweet after tweet about Google reader going away this summer. 




To be honest, I don't use Google reader and I don't really know how. So......I didn't think this was a big deal to me. BUT.....everyone was either creating or promoting their Bloglovin accounts. I've been hearing about Bloglovin for months now, but had just never got around to creating an account and looking into it. I figured now was as good a time as any. 



 

Because it's Friday, let's have some laughs. Here are some fun things I've found on Pinterest lately. 

(If you're interested, you can follow me on Pinterest too.)

Didn't know my beloved bear all stuffed with fluff had a dark side. 

Sorry Garfield. You were also Grumpy Cat before the internet.

 
Hipster Disney-I think Pocahontas, Belle, and Mulan are my favorite. 


I seriously need to do this for my parents. When I try to explain our remote to them, it's like I'm explaining {insert really complicated theory here}. 

Some fun and very true ecards:



Children are a blessing and they don't ask to come into the world the way they do, but I couldn't resist this last one.



If you like any of these and would like to repin, you can find them in my Laugh Out Loud board.

Happy Friday!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't use google reader either. I just use blogger dashboard to follow all of my blogs. I have been curious about bloglovin though, just because it has a cool name.

Love the remote control picture. I think someone needs to do that for me though.

Thanks for the laughs!!

said...

I am totally confused if the GFC thing is going away or not along with reader. Either way, bloglovin' it is, I suppose! I bet they are stoked about all their new subscribers!! lol
Kim + Kayne pic, LOL!!!!!! I need to repin that at once!

Jenn @ My Not So Glamorous Life said...

Following you on BlogLovin' :)

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL at the Disney hipsters...and the password picture!

Angi said...

I never used Google Reader either, I just use Blogger dashboard. I did, however, sign up for BlogLovin' as well just because I'm such a follower. ;) I do hope they don't get rid of GFC, though. Because you can't see on BlogLovin' WHO is following you...just the NUMBER of people. I find that annoying.

I love all these funnies!!! Edgar Allen Pooh made me literally LOL and I LOVE the Disney hipster one!!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I don't use google reader I use blogger and I will keep doing it. I love the remote control! haha!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Well I suppose I have to check out this Bloglovin' thingy :)

Courtney @ Air Force Wife and Our Life said...

I love the pooh picture! I had to go and re-pin that!

Jennifer said...

Love these!!! I love the Disney one.

Ashley said...

I think everyone is kinda upset because it affects the GFC followers. (basically that number will be useless after Google Reader is gone). But I do love Bloglovin!!

The Sleeping Beauty one is so funny! You always find the best stuff on Pinterest.

Annie - XOAnnie.com, etc. said...

LOL I enjoyed this post so much I totally "liked" it on BL!! I've been following you for a long time on BL btw! (I'd love a follow :) http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3313635) Anyways, I'm kind of late to the BL game but I'm loving it more and more every day for so many reasons! I didn't use GReader per se (I used the list on my dashboard that Blogger created), but now in happy I made the switch. Lets embrace the heck out of it!

Keep it up & have a great weekend!

Xo, Annie (www.theRantingLatina.com)

Cody Doll said...

I really really like those pictures. They made me laugh!

Life As The Coats said...

Just found your blog and it is adorable!!