I've been wanting to participate in this link up, so I figured why not today....
1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it.
I just finished reading The Shoemaker's Wife and will be giving a fuller review in a few weeks. I really enjoyed this book. It's a historical fiction taking place in the early 1900s. It centers around Enza and Ciro whose journey through life takes them from Italy to America where they have to struggle to make their way in the world. However, their journey continually crosses their paths but never at the right time. If you love historical fiction and romance novels, you'll love this.
I'm also reading When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor...and Yourself. I know that's a long title! This is a book my husband was given for his seminary class, but it caught my attention. I love helping others, so I wanted to see what the best way to go about it is. I think the title's pretty self explanatory of what this one is about.

2. Recommend a book that has changed your perspective on life.
My top 3 "these books changed my life" books are Radical by David Platt, Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis, and 7: an experimental mutiny against excess by Jen Hatmaker. If you've read my blog for a while, you've probably seen me mention these books.




3. What book do you recommend the most to people?
I probably recommend the 3 books I just mentioned the most to people. I also have recommended the Gone series and the Mark of the Lion series a lot. If someone asked me, I would also recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns and A Walk Across the Sun. I just love to read and have read so many great books. It's hard to only pick a few. If someone's never read the Harry Potter series, I'd recommend it too.



4. What are the top 3 books on your “to-read” list?
I'm going to start a book called Orphan Justice soon. I also am waiting on the newest and last book in the Gone series called Light to come out. I'm also excited that the author of A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner has written a new book called And the Mountains Echoed. I'm already on the waiting list at my library for these last two books.


5. What do you “do” while reading? (i.e. listen to music, eat) Any weird reading habits?
I don't have any weird reading habits. I just like to curl up in a chair, on the couch, or on my bed with a blanket and then let myself get swept away.
All images are from Amazon
What are you currently reading? Do you have a good recommendation for me?


5 comments:
Ooh I didn't know that the guy who wrote The Kite Runner had written another one! I definitely need to check that out. And I LOVED Kisses from Katie, as you know. Good choice for your list!
I have been wanting to read The Shoemaker's Wife. And A Thousand Splendid Sons by the author the the Kite Runner is probably my favorite book, hands down. Wow. What an experience to read it!
I love historical fiction, so I'm definitely adding The Shoemaker's Wife to my to-read list. I also always recommend HP to non-readers!
I can't wait to read And the Mountains Echoed! I loved the author's other two books and he is coming to my town on his book tour in June!! So excited!!
Thanks so much for linking up with us!! Hope to see you again next month! :)
Post a Comment