Blogging tips

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Share the Inspiration

Don't you love when a quote really speaks to you? 

Do you have any words that you've claimed as your life motto? 

What inspires you?

One of my favorite quotes of all time is from the movie Titanic. {Actually, the whole movie Titanic really inspires me.}


The character Jack Dawson says this when he's having dinner with the first class characters. Despite your opinion on the movie, you have to admit this is a great quote. 

Life is a gift. We don't know how much time we have or what will come at us next. I never would have imagined that I would have dealt with the things I've dealt with in the 2 and a half years we've been married. 

Briefly for those of you who don't know- My husband has GI problems which have led to depression/anxiety problems. I can't tell you how many days we've spent in a hospital. I can tell you that we would go months at a time without normalcy. There were times that I literally spent every weekend taking him to the ER. I would go months without my husband being himself. We live 10 hours away from our families. There were times I felt so alone. If you're interested, I've wrote on this subject a lot (although not nearly as much as it has happened). You can read more about the first time we dealt with psychological issues here, my thoughts while sitting in the ER here, how this Psalm spoke to me here,  Lee's thoughts after a rough summer here, how this book spoke to me here, and how he got sick when I was preparing to go to Mexico here and here.

The point being, when you get married a major illness is not what you have in mind. Most couples don't deal with this type of thing until they're way older. Which goes to show you that you don't know what hand life will deal you next. You have to make each day count. One way I try to do this in my life is to think of all the things I have to be thankful for. It's so easy to complain, but it does no good. At first you have to make a conscious effort to find things to be thankful for, but after a while it becomes second nature. 

In second place in the favorite quotes category is this one:

This quote comes from Harry Potter and it is told to Harry by Dumbledore when Harry begins spending a lot of time in front of a magical mirror that shows you your deepest desires. Again, regardless of your thoughts on Harry Potter, this is a great quote. 

I am a big daydreamer. I also think we all are guilty of wanting a certain phase of our life to be over so that we can move on to the next phase. When you're in high school, you're ready to graduate. When you're in college, you're ready to get a real job. When you're single, you're ready to get married. When you're married, you're ready to have kids. It's a never ending cycle of wishing your life away.

The point of this post is to get out there and live your life. Make each day count. Don't get so wrapped up in dreams and thoughts for your future that you forget to live your life now. Today is all you have. You're not guaranteed tomorrow. 

Well, if that wasn't inspirational enough for you, here's more:

 Nicole from Treasure Tromp finds this quote inspiring because "This quote reminds me to bring enthusiasm and excitement to everything that I do. It especially inspires me as a professor - if my students see how much I love my subject then they tend to enjoy it more as well!"

 Niki from Dreaming is Believing finds this quote inspiring because "This quote always inspires me to seek and then cross my boundaries.That's a big challenge for everyone isn't it?"

*   *   *
 
What about you? What quote inspires you?

4 comments:

Kimberly H said...

Harry Potter and Titanic...my two faves! Love this post :) Thanks for sharing!

said...

I love collecting quotes! I really like that titanic one!

Elizabeth @ Cheers, Elizabeth said...

There are quotes for every occasion in my life and I am one of those people that collect them on pinterest! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead." -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Shelly said...

I love quotes! I have several that scream at me! And I hafta re-read them and remind myself that life goes on. " Trust your Struggle" that gets me on many aspects of my life.

Great Blog! Thank you for sharing!

Shelly minettesmaze.blogspot.com