You may have noticed that I've added some new buttons over there on my top right hand side bar. These are causes that I support and I want to raise awareness for.
Today, I am so happy to be introducing you to the 5 Coat Project.
Before I tell you what this is, I have to tell you about the young woman behind the project.
When I was in college, I grew some very strong friendships with 6 girls from my church. I was the oldest in this group and Jenna was the youngest.
(Got to love the windblown hair look-I have devil horns.)
I always admired Jenna's passion for the Lord. She didn't just talk about loving God or believing in God. She was out there serving Him. I should have known she'd do amazing things.
I went to a smaller college in Alabama called Troy University which is where Jenna currently attends. She is working with some Christian ministries there to make the 5 Coat Project a reality. I'm going to let her answer some questions to tell you more about it.
5 Coat Project serves as a coat drive organization for remote areas of Alaska. We send coats to areas that don't have easy access to shopping centers, yet have the coldest winters. We also strive to raise awareness about human slavery around the world. There are currently 27 million people still trapped in slavery and we believe that until everyone knows about it, it will never have a chance of ending.
First coat from the 5 Coat Project
2. What got you interested in this cause?
I became interested in this on my first mission trip to Alaska this past summer. I fell in love with the people and felt the need to make a difference.
Jenna with 2 girls who went to Alaska with her.
3. When did the 5 Coat Project start and what have you done through it so far?
The idea started last fall. We kick started everything this April with our first event at Charles Henderson High School here in Troy. We are in the process of going through paperwork to achieve our own non-profit status, but until then Momentum Ministries is our sponsoring organization.
Games at a Spring Fling Event
Music at Spring Fling event
4. What can we do to help?
To help we are always taking donations to help ship coats to Alaska. It is a very expensive process. Many people have also become interested in hosting their own Spring Fling or Summer Splash where part of admission is a coat. It is just a fun carnival that can be planned in ones hometown for a great cause! Another way to help is to check out http://enditmovement.com/ and pledge to help us end human slavery! Check out the facts!
5 Coat Project Booth
A 21 Campaign which fights against modern day slavery
5. Where can we find more information?
You can find more information at fivecoatproject.blogspot.com. You may
also like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Facebook and Twitter get updated the most.
Project Leaders
Please go follow 5 Coat Project on Facebook and/or Twitter to stay up to date on this great cause. If you go follow, tell Jenna "hi" and that Megan sent you.
Also, watch my side bar for causes I support and my posts for explanations and more information about these causes.




3 comments:
Such a great and interesting project!
What a great project.
Found you via blog hop. New follower
Handmade at Warratahstree
This sounds like a wonderful project. I cleaned out my closet about a month ago and put things in storage, but I need to go through them all and participate in this!
Post a Comment