Blogging tips

Monday, September 2, 2013

#SCSBC13 Update: August

Happy September. If you're a reader of my blog, you know that I do a book review post on the first day of the new month of the books I read the previous month. Today's post is a little different because I'm  checking in for the Semi Charmed Summer Book Challenge instead. I hope you'll also come back tomorrow because I'll be reviewing all of these books plus one. 



The Challenge:


5 points: Freebie! Read any book you'd like, as long as it follows the rules.
5:  Read a book that is less than 150 pages long.
10: Read a book with a color in the title.
10: Read a book that is not the first in its series. (And yes, it must be in a series.)
15: Read a book it seems everyone but you has read!
15: Read a banned book. (For consistency's sake, the book must be found on one of these lists. See the links in the first paragraph for book lists.)
20: Read a book written by a celebrity. This can be a memoir or a fiction book published by someone who was already famous by another means (e.g. James Franco).
20: Read a non-fiction book that is not a memoir. It can be pure non-fiction or narrative non-fiction.
20: Read a book that takes place in a state you have never been in. If you have been to all 50 states, choose a book that takes place in a country you have never been in. Also do the latter option if you are not American.
25: Read a book that is at least 400 pages long.
25: Read a book with a main character who shares your first name. If you have an uncommon name and really can't find a book, let me know and we can come up with an alternative.
30: Read a book written by an author who was born in the same year as you.
My plan:
5 point freebie: Protector by Joanne Wadsworth-Completed 8/12/13
5 point short book: Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You Are Saved by J.D. Greear- Completed 7/13/13
10 point color: The Color Purple by Alice Walker- Completed 8/18/13
10 point series: Insurgent by Veronica Roth- Completed 7/26/13
15 point everyone but me: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- Completed 8/2/13
15 point banned/challenged: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (on the 2009 list)- Completed 7/2/13
20 point celebrity: Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres- Completed 7/6/13
20 point nonfiction: Pandora's Lunchbox: How Processed Food Took Over the American Diet by Melanie Warner- Completed 8/30/13
20 point unvisited state: The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger- Completed 7/20/13
25 point greater than 400 pages: And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini- Completed 7/13/13
25 point Megan character: Megan's Mate by Nora Roberts- Completed 8/18/13
30 point 1988 author: Divergent by Veronica Roth-Completed 7/21/13 


That's right folks, I'm done! I may not have been one of the first people to finish, but I'm proud of myself for finishing it in two months considering the fact that I work full time, have a husband to spend time with, as well as other responsibilities.  Yay me!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

That's freakin talent girl! I'm lucky to get a book done in less than a month. I'm so busy it just sucks but I LOVE reading! I'm gonna have to join you and try this out sometime :)

MHM1314 said...

Good work!!! I have loved playing along with the challenge but still have 3 books to go.