A couple of weeks ago, I saw Kera from Nugget on a Budget (who just brought home her second daughter-Congratulations!) post her Fridge Tales. She saw the idea on someone else's post who was linking up with Old School Blogging. So, I want to give credit where credit is due. I did not come up with this idea.
I did, however, think it would be fun to turn into a weekly series where I share what's on or in my ________ and fill in the blank with something different each week. I think this is just a fun way to get to know someone better.
So, today I want to share with you what's on my refrigerator.
Here's the front of the fridge:
1. On top of my fridge is my mandoline slicer. It's quite handy for cutting vegetables.
2. On top of my fridges is also where I keep my lunchbox. The joys of being a teacher- you don't outgrow a lunchbox.
3. I have to support my school, Troy University.
4. I got this magnet for free from Shutterfly. I used a picture from our honeymoon after we'd ridden ATVs to the top of the mountain.
5. We got this magnet from the Outer Banks. It shows the lighthouses that you can find on the Outer Banks.
6. This magnet is from our church, Imago Dei. We've been going there for about 2 months now. It's a different church experience from what we're used to and we're enjoying it.
7. These are pictures of the two children we sponsor through Compassion, Alan and Malaiyarasi.
8. For our first anniversary, we went to Disney World. This is a magnet we got on that trip.
9. It's hard to see, but this is a golden crane. My aunt from Texas gave me a wedding gift the night of our rehearsal dinner and a small package was closed with this crane. She is very interested in Japanese culture. She wrote how cranes mate for life and represent fidelity. I thought it was neat and wanted to hold on to it.
10. There are 3 magnets marked with the number 10. They are my magnets that I brought back from Ek Balam in Mexico. There's a jaguar, a pyramid, and an Mayan calendar.
11. This is a magnet from our recent trip to Wilmington where we visited the Battleship, USS North Carolina.
12. This is a magnet from our trip to New Bern. This magnet shows the pharmacy where Pepsi was first invented.
13. This is my calendar. I'm still old school and like to have a paper calendar.
14. I also like to keep a notepad on my fridge for making lists. This notepad looks like an ipad.
15. This is my appointment card for my upcoming dentist appointment. Dental hygiene is very important to me. :)
16. This is another magnet from our trip to the Outer Banks. This one shows the site of the Wright Brothers historic first flight.
17. This is our SEC football schedule. Lee cheers for Florida and I cheer for Alabama, but we really enjoy watching any SEC game.
18. These are gift cards. When Lee was working at a church and with me being a teacher, we get a lot of gift cards as gifts. We're slowly working through using them.
19. This is my bag where I collect Box Tops. Last year, my class collected the most Box Tops in the school. They are an easy way to earn money for a school. If you're not already collecting Box Tops, I'd encourage you to do so and give to your local school (or you could send them to me).
20. Yes, this magnet says "Got Gas?" This is a magnet from a GI doctor that we visited for Lee's health issues. He had 2 of them, but I had to draw the line. One "Got Gas?" magnet is plenty!
21. This is a stack of post cards. We buy post cards at the various places we visit to send to our nieces and nephews. Since we don't get to see them often, we enjoy sending them post cards from our travels.
22. These are coupons. My school sells these coupon books every year. These are the ones from last year's book that I thought we might use.
Here's the side of the fridge:
1. This is my calendar for my track at the year round school where I work. I have to keep up with when I'm working and when I'm tracked out.
2. These are pictures of some of my family members. One is one of my brother's senior pictures. The other is a picture of my grandmother who passed away in 2008.
3. This is a picture of Lee and me when we went to an Alabama football game. Of course, it's one of my favorite pictures.
4. This is a picture of Alan, who we sponsor, and his younger sister, Mayli. His mom sent it to us along with a note on the back.
5. This is a picture of Lee and me from when we were dating. One of my friends gave me the magnetic frame and I used to have it on my fridge in college. So, I continued to have it on my fridge now.
6. This is a picture of 4 of our nieces and nephews. These are Lee's brother's children (who we send post cards to). Since this picture, they've had 2 more children.
7. This is a Hoops and Yo Yo magnet that I gave Lee when we were dating. Lee and I love their cards and ecards and use to send them to each other all the time.
8. This is a picture of my family one Thanksgiving.
9. This is a magnet from the first school I worked at.
So, that's it. Those are the things you would see if you visited my house and looked at my refrigerator.
What's an interesting thing you have on your fridge?
6 comments:
Yay! I'm happy that you decided to do this fun post too. It really is a good way to get know someone else better and what is important to them. I appreciate the shout outs, too :) Also, I think your weekly series idea is great! I'd definitely read along and write up a post too.
I love fridges that have a lot of items on them :) Especially pictures and cool magnets.
I love this idea!! What a fun fridge that tells a whole lot about yall :) You are never too old for a lunchbox!
I totally love this idea. I wish I could do it but both fridges I eat out of aren't mine. My mom's fridge is pretty decorated but James' family isn't. It had some mags but hardly anything worth posting.
I love that you use lunchboxes. I still do too. That would be a cute "What's in my __" I would love to see what and how you pack your lunch.
You could so many things with that series, "What's in Your __", like the lunchbox or your junk drawer or your jewelry box. So many options. I can't wait to see what you post about next!
I love this idea, so fun! I may have to steal (with credit ;) ) it one week!
How fun is this post! When I am in someone's house I am always enthralled with the fridge photos, lol
Post a Comment