Blogging tips

Monday, September 30, 2013

September Favorite Things

Let's go ahead and get the cliche intro over with: I can't believe it's October already! But seriously, 2013 is almost over. This is crazy.

As usual at the end of the month, I'm linking up with Ashley for Favorite Things.

I

1. I was tracked out.
Being on a break from work is always good. Even though it wasn't a great track out, I still enjoyed not having to be at work. 
*I got a hair cut while I was tracked out.*
2. I changed my blog name.
I shared why I decided to change my blog name from Just a Small Town Girl to Make it Count. I'm excited about this change and I'm excited to have my own domain name.
 

3. I went to a women's retreat for my new church.
We recently started attending a new church. This month, they had a women's retreat. It was a good experience. I got to meet new people and had my spirit rejuvenated.
*The view of downtown from my hotel room. *

4. The weather is cooling off. 
I feel like I say this a lot on Favorite Things, but I hate hot weather. So, cooler weather is always appreciated.

5. Ornaments for Adoption starts next week!
I started Ornaments for Adoption last year and I'm excited to see how this year goes. Since it's my second year, I feel like I'm able to plan a little better. (Be sure to check out the OFA website I've been putting together.) 
*I cleared the ornament shelf at Michael's*

What's your favorite thing from the month of September?

8 comments:

Megan said...

I am totally with you on hating the hot weather! It's been glorious around here the past few weeks! I'm off to find out more about ornaments for adoption - sounds interesting :) Happy last day of September!

Megan said...

Hmmm...I love it! I think the temperature is deceiving plus that was taken earlier in the morning. It's been in the 70s and very pleasant.



Thanks! I just hope everything comes together as it did last year.

Megan said...

:P I feel like if I were an animal I'd be one that moves slower when it's hot. I try to stay indoors. I think NC has great weather overall. It doesn't get too terribly hot in my opinion nor does it get too cold. It's just the right amount of all of it.



Thanks! I miss being able to pull it up when it gets annoying, but I do like it.

Megan said...

Yes! I think October, November, and December are my favorite months of the year. A lot of fun stuff happens.

Megan said...

Finally...someone agrees. :)


Awesome! I've spent most of my month working on little pieces of it.

Megan said...

I wish. It's about 70s in the morning then turns hot and humid. Blah. I am ready for cooler weather.


Your welcome. I am sure it will.

Megan said...

That's a funny way of looking at it! LOL I know what you mean.. In a way, I kinda agree--I'm not a fan of sweating and feeling like a quick walk would = a workout b/c of the heat. However, I can't stand layers and gray days, so I'd take 80-degree weather every day if possible!


And you should--it's cute and quite versatile.

Megan said...

love the new hair, and I am jealous of the weather over there!