Blogging tips

Friday, August 8, 2014

Potter Fix Friday: HP Tattoos

Potter Fix Friday

I am so excited that this link up is back. It has had a few different names since its birth and has had various hosts. It is now back as Potter Fix Fridays held every second Friday of the month with hosts, A Party of Four and A Dose of Paige.

I have been wanting to reread the Harry Potter series for a few years now. It's been too long and I haven't really read them as a adult. (I think the last time was in college). I haven't reread them yet because I feel like I have a never ending "to read" list which isn't a bad thing. I'm thinking that once the Semi Charmed Summer Book Challenge is over, I'm going to start reading through them again.

This month's theme is Harry Potter tattoos. I don't have any, but I'll admit...I've thought about it.

The one I've mainly thought about is getting the 3 stars that are in the corner of all the HP books. I like it because it's subtle and I would consider it not only a tribute to my favorite book series, but also a tribute to my love of books overall. My choice would be to put it on my wrist, but I also think it's cute on the foot and collar bone area.

 Maybe inside? But I'd only do one wrist.
 
image via Buzzfeed  

Or maybe outside?
image via Tattoo Lit

Also like these options, but don't know if this would be my first choice for placement:
 image via Pinterest (couldn't find an original link)
image via Pinterest (couldn't find an original link)

 I also really like the tattoos a lot of people have on the outside of their wrist going up their wrist with a word written in a pretty, cursive font. "Always" would look great as that kind of tattoo. 

A pretty font like this:
 image via Pop Geek Tats

But with this placement:

So, those are two I personally like and would be the most realistic for me to get. I don't see myself ever getting a major tattoo. However, it is fun to search "Harry Potter tattoos" on Pinterest. There are ALL KINDS. Some people are really creative. 

Some of my favorites you can check out are this one with a secret message, this one of one of my favorite Harry Potter quotes, and this one because it's like an ode to all things Harry.

I'd love to have you follow my Harry Potter board on Pinterest or all my boards on Pinterest.

I look forward to reading everyone else's post and seeing their HP tattoos.

Do you have a tattoo? Or are you considering getting one? I'd love to hear your story-Harry Potter or not!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I have 'Always' on my right wrist. I searched for a font that looked like Severus' handwriting and went for it! There is a picture floating around on my blog of it if you would like to see it :)

Best,
Brittany

Call it Adventure said...

I've actually got "Mischief Managed" on my side with the footprints from the map going up the side of it. Loooooove love love it. :)

Annie - XOAnnie.com, etc. said...

I don't have one but I might get one--once I find the perfect one that won't make the tattoo artist roll his eyes (haha). I'm also not sure about getting one before finding a husband/having kids (though I like tattooed guys, I wonder what a non-tattooed dude might think and I also don't want my kids to grow up seeing my tattoo and wanting one at 15, 16... :/)

Despite my doubts, I love owls and a tattoo of one would be so cool--albeit pointless? The ones you showcase are adorable, though! The one w/the stars is SO cute! Not only b/c of its HP-ness, but also b/c I'm an only child to my mom & dad, so three people :)! Also, the one that glows in the dark is rad!! Maybe the three stars in glow-in-the-dark ink so that it's not visible all the time..

Aaahhh long comment (sorry) but I could go and on about tattoos :D!