Blogging tips

Thursday, June 14, 2012

2 Days to Mexico...

...& The Last Thing Thursday

I decided to combine my countdown to my Mexico mission trip and the link up for The Last Thing Thursday.

Photobucke 
For those of you just visiting from the link up, I'm going with a group from my church to the Yucatan Peninsula for a mission trip. This is my first time out of the country. 
The Last Thing I {Mission Trip Edition}:

Stressed About: The fact that I have to pack for my week-long mission trip and my week-long beach vacation because we are leaving for the beach less than 24 hours after I get back from Mexico. It's so much to think about!!!!

Here are my bags as I am picking up where I left off on Monday.
 Was Happy That I Bought: My Green Eggs and Ham pajama pants. I love all things Dr. Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham is my favorite Dr. Seuss book (after The Grinch). These pajama pants will be perfect for wearing to sleep in in Mexico.

Was Impressed with: The fact that I managed to fit all my stuff in one bag to check, one carry on suitcase, and one small backpack. I still have some extra room too.
 
Here's my bag to check and there's room under the blanket if I need to add something else.
Here's my carry on. Amazingly, you can fit a lot in a carry on suitcase if you roll it up. I still have a little small space if I need to add something else.

Was Relieved about: The face that I'm basically done packing (for Mexico at least). I just need to add a few things the day of my flight (you know those things that you have to use right up until you leave). I also resolved to worry with the rest of my beach packing when I get back Saturday afternoon.
Packed & Ready
There's my stuff
  Read in Preparation of my Trip: My mission journal's preparation lesson. Today's lesson was on humility. As we prepare to go on this mission trip, we should remember that the world does not revolve around us. I have to remember this in order to get along with and serve alongside my team members. I also have to remember this to love and serve the people of Mexico.
 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3
""I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Ephesians 4:1-3


Watched: This video was sent out as a reminder to all females going on the trip to remember that we are representing the Lord and we should dress modestly. My hope and prayer is that we would remember this every day. This video was very challenging. I encourage you to watch it.

Was Thankful for: Everyone who is lifting me, my team, the Mayan people, and this trip up in prayer. Your prayers are greatly appreciated and they are an essential part of the success of this trip. As we were reminded last night in our prayer service, all we can do is be obedient to God. The results of the trip are up to Him.


1 comment:

Jenna // The Life of the Wife said...

Good luck on your trip!! I'm so in awe of all of you that do that!!

Thanks for linking up!