Blogging tips

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Break is Finally Here

Friday was my last day with the students and today was my last workday of this school year. Lately, my mind has been on next school year. I am very excited about planning for next year because I have not had this opportunity yet. Last year was my first year teaching and I got my job a few days before I started. Then, this school year I moved to a new school and didn't know what to expect so I didn't plan much for it either. This upcoming year will be the first year that I know what to expect and I can plan ahead.

Here are some of my pins that are inspiring my thoughts for the next school year:

I need all the Daily 5 ideas I can get.
This blog has some great ideas for Working on Words center. I need all the ideas I can get.

I love this quote for my classroom
This is going to be my classroom motto next year. I made my poster with this quote today.

Love this idea for word work-a boggle board
I think some students would love this.

Pinned Image
I love this idea for math. It seems so simple and that's my favorite part.

Pinned Image
This is going to be one of my main focuses next year. We're all about data!

Pinned Image
I look forward to trying this method with social studies next year and maybe science too.

I also will be reading The Cafe Book this summer in preparation for the new school year. I forgot to include it in my summer reading list.
The CAFE Book: Engaging All Students in Daily Literary Assessment and Instruction 

I will leave you with this pin which as you can see from my post today is definitely true!
 yessssss...And I have worked every summer (not on pinterest)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I like that idea of Professional Development!!! haha. You are a good woman for starting a job a few days later!! Best of luck with planning.