Blogging tips

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer...so far...

Well, so far my summer has been uneventful.

Yesterday was my first official day of summer. 

Of course, I slept in.

Lee was gone all day for work, so I was home alone.

So, I turned on Pandora and....


....a cleaning dance party for one began.

This was no ordinary surface level cleaning, though.

Nope, I cleaned things out and reorganized some things along with the normal dusting, vacuuming, etc.

So, this pretty much took me all day. I was still cleaning at about 10:00 when Lee got home. I only stopped for meals. 

I just love cleaning things out and reorganizing them. Throwing old things away brings me joy.

I love the fresh look of a clean house and the fresh smell (because I always light a candle in the room after it's clean).

Today I slept in again.

After breakfast, I went to Kohl's because I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase. 

I went in with the goal of spending as close to $10 as possible so I didn't really have to spend any money.

I love a good deal. 

I tried on a couple of cute dresses, but sadly they were too short. 

I settled on these items.

Comfy Pants and a Scarf

Modeling the scarf
A $25.00 scarf that was on sale for $5.00
Modeling the pants-taking a picture of your pants is complicated
A $30.00 pair of pants on sale for $9.00

Without the sale, these 2 items would have cost me $55.00! (and I wouldn't have bought them) With the sale, they cost $14.00. I had the $10.00 off coupon, so I only paid $4.27 for these 2 items!!!

Then, after lunch, Lee and I did some more cleaning by cleaning out our spare room. I wish I could call it an office or even a guest bedroom, but it is literally a holding room for all of our stuff we don't have any where else to put. 

Later this week, I plan to finish out my cleaning spree by cleaning out our microwave and dishwasher with vinegar as I have seen on Pinterest. I will let you know how it goes. 

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love cleaning and throwing things out too!! I always tell people I'm the opposite of a hoarder!

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Totally relate to that ecard, lol! And loving those comfy, pretty-looking pants!

Ashley said...

Good for you for sleeping in!!!