Blogging tips

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Throwback {25 Days Link Up}

Posting twice on a Saturday!
(I'm co-hosting A Look Back link up today also!)

Today starts my 25 Days of Christmas link up extravaganza!

For the 1st 25 days of December, I will post about something Christmas related.

You can link up your Christmas related post also.

This link up only has ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.

Just a Small Town Girl


Thanks!



These were some items that could be found on my Christmas lists:

1. Beanie Babies- 
These things were HOT back in the day. That surprised picture in the 2nd collage is me getting some "rare" beanie baby. Where are those things now? In a bag in my parents' attic.

2. Barbie Car-
The coolest way to get around your yard or neighborhood was in your pink Barbie car. I rode this thing for a long time...even when I was too big to fit in the seat and had to sit on the back.

3. American Girl dolls and accessories-
My friends and I were all about American Girl dolls. I had 3 dolls and all kinds of accessories. I had 2 of the dolls from the books and then the one pictured was the one that "looked like me." My friends and I even had American Girl parties.

4. CDs-
Do you remember those things before we downloaded our music? Even if you just liked one song, you had to buy the whole CD. CDs were the coolest gift.  One of my first CDs was The Backstreet Boys.

5. Easy Bake Oven-
I had one of these and burnt several things that I tried to "bake." No worries, I've become a better backer since then!

What's one of the things that was on your Christmas list as a child?

I hope you'll link up a Christmas post of your own.







4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your old photos!! Ah that first BSB cd. I loved it and still have it lol

Helene said...

OMG these pictures are amazing!!! haha love this!

Anonymous said...

I remember American Girl dolls and Beanie Babies! It was funny how people acted like they were going to retire on money made from Beanie Babies one day. I bet they regret that now.

Hailey Stoner said...

Oh BSB! How I love thee. My 16month old LOVES dancing to We've Got It Goin On. I am so proud. :) Beanie babies and easy bake oven. This post rocks! Thanks for the memories.
Hailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick