Welcome to day 4 of the 25 Days of Christmas link up extravaganza!
For the 1st 25 days of December, I will post about something Christmas related.
You can link up any Christmas related post.
This link up only has ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.
{You can find a button on the sidebar.}
Tis the season for giving.
Well, Christmas is upon us. I'm sure we're all busy with decorating and baking. We have Christmas shopping to do and Christmas parties to attend. The list could go on and on of all the things we all have to do during this time of year.
I encourage you, though, to remember to help those around you even during this busy time of year. Don't get so wrapped up in all the things you have to do and forget to help others.
I've come up with a list of ways you can help others this Christmas:
1. Shop local. When buying your Christmas gifts this year, consider shopping at a local business or an online shop. Help support a person rather than a corporation.
Three great shop you can consider supporting are Moonlight Shimmer, The K.O. Jewelry and The Little Lady Shop.
2. Salvation Army. I know we all see (and hear) the people ringing the bells outside the stores. Consider dropping some change in the bucket. Every little bit helps.
3. Give a gift that keeps on giving. Having trouble deciding what to get the person who has everything? Consider making a donation to a charity that is important to the person in lieu of a gift. Also, you can consider asking someone to give to your favorite charity rather than getting you a gift.
4. Angel Tree. While shopping at the mall, take one of the angels off the tree and buy some presents for someone who might not get something otherwise.
5. Clean out your stuff. Before you bring your new gifts home or put them away, clean out the things you already have and donate them to a place like Goodwill.
6. Help a family in need. Do you know a family who needs help personally or maybe through an organization or church? Find a way to help that family this Christmas like offering to help them buy Christmas gifts or taking them out for a meal.
7. Donate food. A lot of food (especially canned food) goes on sale around this time. Buy up some and donate it to a food drive or food pantry.
Help spread Christmas cheer by linking up your Christmas related post.
4 comments:
What a great list! I agree it is so important to remember others during this great season.
Excited to link up!!
Great list! I donated a bunch of things to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
This was a great read, and a great reminder of things we can all do!
Following from the blog hop from the Nugget on a Budget and I have linked to your party. I am following thru Google. I would love it if you would hop over to the Nifty Thrifty Family and check us out.
http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment