Blogging tips

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Follow Me Intro

When I first started blogging, I talked about my faith a lot more than I do now. I'll admit that one reason I don't do it as much is that you have to put a lot more time and thought into a serious post like that. I think another reason I don't is because it's not the easiest thing to talk about. Especially now that my blog is larger, I have a diverse audience. All of you are no going to agree with me. However, I can't let that stop me. This is my blog and this is my place to share my thoughts and those thoughts include my faith.

I had already begun thinking that I was going to start posting a faith related post every Wednesday. Then, one day I saw where Christie from Satisfaction Through Christ was hosting a Bible Study link up every Wednesday. How convenient. I knew I wanted to sign up. Not only did that fall in line with my plan, but it would help keep me accountable to posting.


The bible study will be going through David Platt's book, Follow Me. This book has been on my "to-read" list for a while now. I really enjoy David Platt's teaching. He is the author of one of my favorite books, Radical, and I often listen to his sermons on my way to and from work. I like that he teaches the Word in context and is very bold. He doesn't try to sugar coat things or try not to offend anyone. He always challenges me.

So, I'm excited about going through this book on my blog. It's been a while since I've done this, so I think it will be good. It's not too late to join in if you're interested.

 photo Bible-Study-Button_zpsd20943ba.jpg
I also wanted to announce that I was one of the first 5 people to finish the Semi Charmed Summer Reading Challenge and I got to submit an idea for the Autumn version of the Semi Charmed Reading Challenge. I loved doing this challenge and I look forward to the autumn one as well. I'll be slowly putting together my plan on my Book Challenges page as the challenge begins on October 1.

7 comments:

Megan said...

So, so, so, excited to have you!!!! Can't wait to see how the Lord uses this time together to change us and mold us into His image!

Oh, and that reminds me...you emailed me and I COMPLETELY forgot to email you back!! Ahh, on my to-do list today!! :)

Megan said...

I may have to check out that semi charmed book challenge - looks interesting!

Megan said...

I just finished reading Follow Me! It was really eye opening and motivating. Platt just has a way of writing that really brings it home. I think you will love it!!

Megan said...

She does some really good ones. The summer one was the first one I actually participated in, though, and it was fun. You should definitely check it out!

Megan said...

He does. I'm sure I'll like it and be challenged by it which is always needed.

Megan said...

When I first started blogging I was doing a weekly study. I was going the couples of the bibles but then I just stopped. I should start again and I would love to do this but Idk. It sounds fun. I can't wait to read what you post about.

Megan said...

I did more of that type of stuff when I first started as well. I know I don't do it anymore because it's more time consuming to do a serious post. We'll see how it goes...