Blogging tips

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Meet Bishop Place Handmade AND a Discount

Happy Hump Day!


Anyway, I hope you guys know that I'm a big fan of supporting handmade and small businesses. This past Christmas, I tried really hard to only buy gifts from a handmade shop or a small business. As someone who made a poor attempt at having my own online shop, I know how hard it is. 

The blogging community can be a great place where people who don't know each other in real life can come together and support one another. However, the blogging community can also be very fickle. One minute, your blog is getting a lot of traffic and comments. Then, hardly anyone is reading and engaging. I recently shared a post trying to sort out my thoughts on paid sponsorship and sharing. Shortly after, Megan shared one that was very similar.

Today, I'd like to introduce you to Megan and her new venture into an online shop. Megan blogs over at The Mrs. Megan isn't just someone I met through blogging. She's someone I know in real life. We went to the same college. We were both in our college's marching band and we lived in the same dorm a couple of years. Now that I know her better through her blogging, I wish we'd gotten to know each other better in college.

Isn't this picture pretty? Her sister is a talented photographer.

Megan's shop is called Bishop Place Handmade. She taught herself to sew and now sells some of her creations. Her products are inspired by her love of all things vintage and rustic. You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest in addition to her shop and blog.

Her shop is currently 1 month old, so to celebrate she's offering 30% off all products until this Friday night.


I hope you'll check out her shop and her other social media links. If you can't buy anything right now, would you consider following along with her to keep up with future products and promotions? Would you also consider sharing her shop with others in your network?

1 comment:

Megan|BishopPlaceHandmade said...

You are too sweet! This is the perfect encouragement I needed this morning! You have said sweet and kind words that blessed my heart! I, too, wish we would have spent more time together in college! Glad we have reconnected, though! You are too kind!