This is my 4th week doing this series. I'm enjoying getting to share little pieces of my life with you.
In case you missed any of my previous posts, here's what's on my fridge, on my bookcase, and in my purse.
When I shared what's on the shelves of my bookcase, I shared that I have 2 bins containing my movies (the 2 lighter brown ones house my movies). I thought a good post would be to share with you what's in those bins.
I have a lot of movies, so I sorted them into categories to share with you.
Of course, I have my favorite movie-Titanic.
The entire Harry Potter movie collection
I consider these my classics- The Thornbirds, Forrest Gump, Gone with the Wind, The Princess Bride, and Grease.
I love Christmas and Christmas movies- Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both cartoon and real live versions), A Christmas Story, and The Christmas Classics.
These movies didn't really fit in another category, so I consider them my "serious" movies- Remember the Titans, The Patriot, The Other Boleyn Girl, Troy, Catch Me if You Can, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Walk the Line, Pearl Harbor, Where the Heart Is, and Pleasantville.
I love a good kids' movie- The Princess and the Forg, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Monsters, Inc., Tangled, Finding Nemo, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Madagascar, Toy Story 3, Shrek the Third, Despicable Me, Up, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast.
This is my largest category. I call it my guilty pleasure movies. These movies are just fun- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, The Proposal, Mona Lisa Smile, Sweet Home Alabama, Across the Universe, Miss Congeniality, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Hairspray, Enchanted, Legally Blonde 2, The Princess Diaries, John Tucker Must Die, Legally Blonde, 13 Going on 30, New Year's Eve, He's Just Not That Into You, Sydney White, A Knight's Tale, Stardust, She's the Man, 17 Again, Valentine's Day, Mean Girls, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Step Up 2, Center Stage, Bride Wars, Step Up
Only in the past few years, did I buy some TV series DVDs. I have the first 3 season of Vampire Diaries and the first season of Glee (which is really the only one worth watching).
Do you buy movies or TV series? Do you pay full price or get them on sale or used?










4 comments:
Me and you are just alike on that. I used to live sooo close to a MovieStop (a used movie store) and I would go in there ALLL the time and buy stuff. I only have two TV series, Gilmore Girls-Complete Series and Moonlight. I want to get into another series, it's just so expensive to buy them. I might try ebay.
I seriously love your this series. I really should jump on the band wagon and join you.
They are expensive! Watch Target for sales. That's how I got The Vampire Diaries. I don't think I've ever paid a full price for a movie. They cost too much. I wait and buy used ones or get them on sale.
I love this series you are doing on little pieces of you. Very neat! I have been keeping up with it, but mostly from my phone where commenting isn't as easy. Anyway, I am a big collector of movies as well. I haven't done it as much in the past few years, but we have A LOT of the same ones in there! I do have the whole Friends DVD set and I always ask for the latest How I Met Your Mother DVD set for my birthday/Christmas :)
I had no idea there were so many Harry Potters! And I totally love that you have Center Stage, I love love love that movie!
Post a Comment