Blogging tips

Friday, September 13, 2013

What's on my shelves?

Last week, I shared this new Friday series I wanted to start where I show what's on or in my ____________ and fill in the blank each week with a new thing in my house. I thought it would just be a fun way to share my life with you.

Last week, I showed you what is on my refrigerator. Today, I'm going to share with you what's on the bookcase that is in our living room.


This week, I thought it would be easier for me to simply number the shelves and tell you about each thing going across from left to right rather than numbering each thing.

1. The first thing on this shelf are different workbooks from Bible studies I've done. In front of those books is a cross that was given to us by my cousin as a wedding gift. The frame was also a wedding gift and in it is a picture of Lee and me on my family's vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The pottery pitcher is from our honeymoon where we stopped in Helen, Georgia. Next, are some children's books we've acquired in preparation for having our own some day. In front of those books is a Willow Tree angel that was given to me by a family friend. It is the angel of being surrounded by love.

2. First on this shelf is one of our engagement pictures. This one is one of my favorite. We're in front of my families pond. This shelf holds some of my favorite book series: The Mark of the Lion, Gone, and Harry Potter. In front of the books is another Willow Tree angel figurine. This one was our cake topper at our wedding. Then, there's a snow globe from our trip to the Outer Banks and another one of our engagement pictures. (I collect snow globes.)

3. This shelf starts with a box of my DVDs. I used to attack movie sales and I loved finding some of my favorite movies for a cheap price. Maybe one of my posts in this series will be "What's in my DVD boxes?" Next is a teddy bear I bought Lee while we were dating. It is one of the softest bears ever. It has on a tshirt that says "Someone at Troy University loves me." Then, there's the snow globe my parents gave me when I graduated college and a picture of Lee and me on my graduation day. Behind that picture, is a mixture of mine and Lee's books. These are all some of our favorite Christian nonfiction.

4. The tiny things at the far left are little figurines I bought when I went to Mexico. I got them to represent us. Behind them is a picture from when Lee and I went to Disney World for our first anniversary and in front of that is a snow globe from Disney World. In the middle is Lee's box of DVDs. He doesn't have very many movies. He mostly buys concert DVDs. On the right, is a snow globe from the NC Museum of History. Behind that is a picture of us with my family and then one of us with Lee's family.

5. This shelf starts with another snow globe. This one is from Carolina Beach. Behind it is an Alabama piggy bank. I used to really like pigs. Then, we have a picture of Lee with two of his best friends and a picture of me with my best friend. The small picture is from when Lee and I went to watch my college play against Florida. The last thing on this shelf is my second box of DVDs.

6. The bottom shelf is actually half way covered up by our chair. I just moved it for this picture. The smaller books are photo books I've made from various events in our life, such as our trip to Disney World, our reception, and our honeymoon. Next, is my stuffed pig from Build a Bear. It's a teacher pig and Lee recorded a message that it says when you press it. (I told you I used to like pigs.) The pig is holding this thing that's shaped like a heart. I think it's made from a palm tree branch. Lee bought it for me the day we got engaged. The green bucket was part of a wedding gift and it holds random odds and ends. Sometimes we put magazines in there, but mostly it has cords and other attachments for our accessories. The last thing on this shelf is our wedding album and my scrapbooks (which I need to finish!).

I hope you enjoyed this tour of my bookcase. I didn't realize I had so many items with so many memories. What's a special item you have that may seem random to others, but holds an important meaning to you?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

It may sound weird, but my bookshelf if one of my favorite things about my room. I also have pictures that I just love on it and it brings back great memories...like you said. Love this series, Megan!

Cody Doll said...

I have one of those roses. I seen a guy making them and so I bought one form him.

These post are sooo cute. I have three bookshelves plus selves in my room so that would be a long post or a long mini series. haha.

I love that you guys have so many of your memories out and about. I have yet to get any pictures printed but I figured one day I will.