Blogging tips

Monday, March 24, 2014

Lately I've been...

Well, I've been tracked out for the past 2 weeks and I have been pretty lazy! I haven't had a track out in a while where I had absolutely nothing to do. I don't really know what to do with myself. So, of course, instead of being productive I've done a bunch of NOTHING.

Oh well...I guess we all need times like that. I've read a lot. Most of the books I haven't enjoyed too much. I hope to review a few of them soon. Two of them are movies also and I'd love to see the movies and do a book/movie review. Even though I haven't reviewed anything recently, I do keep my Goodreads page and my Bookshelf page updated. I'm currently reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon which is the first in a pretty long series. I've heard a lot of great things about it and I'm enjoying the first one so far.


I also bought Frozen on Friday. I hadn't seen it until I went home that afternoon and watched it. Even though I hadn't seen it until Friday, I feel like I already knew all the songs between playing Kids Radio at school for my students, viral videos, and other people playing the songs. It kind of took away some of the fun of it, but I still really enjoyed it. It's a great movie.


On a bad note, I hurt my back really bad on Saturday. Don't ask how it happened. It was kind of a freak thing and I'm not really sure how what I did caused my back to get hurt as bad as it did. I was in a lot of pain Saturday night. However, Sunday I gradually improved and I'm a lot better today. I'm still sore and there are certain things that still hurt (like getting up and bending over). This has been my home for the past 48 hours or so...


While stuck on the couch, I was watching something about the history of various fast foods and it made me have a craving for macaroni and cheese. So, I used this recipe for an easy mac and cheese in the crock pot. It is yummy!


There's one last thing I'm really excited to share with you. Satisfaction Through Christ is a blog that I really enjoyed reading. Recently, Christie announced she was turning her blog into a contributor blog. So, I am happy to share that I will be a contributor at Satisfaction Through Christ. There has been a lot of behind the scenes things going on this past month and the new site will officially launch on April 1! The posts will be on a wide variety of Christ related and family friendly topics. During the month of April, I will be contributing a DIY post and an adoption related post. I hope you'll go over there and look around a little bit and follow along. Also, we have a Facebook page, Instagram, and a Twitter.

Satisfaction Through Christ



I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a great week ahead. I'll be heading back to work for work days on Wednesday so maybe I'll get back in a normal routine.

5 comments:

Carly said...

Oh so glad your back is starting to feel better! Back pain is truly the worst-- the heating pad can work wonders though! I'm a zillion years behind and still haven't seen Frozen!

Cody Doll said...

I totally get the whole doing alot of nothing. It's nice.
I have no idea if I want to watch frozen because of how much it's been shown.
Sorry about your back. I hope you feel better soon!
Congratulation for becoming a contributor on another blog. That's a HUGE step.

Unknown said...

I am so, so, so, so excited to have you at STC!!! I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the Lord is going to do some amazing things through this space! Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Unknown said...

I LOVED FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to own it on DVD! When I'm not feeling good mac & cheese always makes me feel better. I hope your back is feeling better!

Heather K said...

Hi! I just found your blog through your link up with Jo, My Gosh! - I LOVE the outlander series and just finished reading them for the 2nd time! I hope you enjoy them :)