A lot of people have been asking on their blogs about your favorite thing about Christmas.
There are SO many things to love about Christmas time that it's hard to narrow it down to ONE thing.
I love spending time with family. I love decorating. I love all the opportunities for giving and helping others.
Today, though, one of my favorite things that I want to share about is baking. At Christmas time you can bake, bake, bake without judgement. You bake things you don't bake at any other time of the year. Baking is one of my favorite things about Christmas and sometimes I get a little carried away.
Some of my favorite Christmas items to bake are:
1. Kiss cookies
(You can find the recipe and an old post about these here.)
2. Chocolate covered peanut butter crackers
2. Chocolate covered peanut butter crackers
3. MandM Peanut Clusters
(I discovered these a few years ago and LOVE them. You can find the recipe here.)

4. Cookie cakes
(Lee loves cookie cake, so Christmas is a fun time to make them in Christmas shapes. I simply buy cookie dough and press it into a pan. Then, decorate.)

5. MandM Chocolate Pretzels
(I've never made these, but I want to this year. They are so yummy! The perfect combination of salty and sweet. You can find a recipe here.)

One of my favorite things all year long is bloggy friends. Some of mine are going to share with you their favorite thing about Christmas:
(I discovered these a few years ago and LOVE them. You can find the recipe here.)

4. Cookie cakes
(Lee loves cookie cake, so Christmas is a fun time to make them in Christmas shapes. I simply buy cookie dough and press it into a pan. Then, decorate.)

5. MandM Chocolate Pretzels
(I've never made these, but I want to this year. They are so yummy! The perfect combination of salty and sweet. You can find a recipe here.)

One of my favorite things all year long is bloggy friends. Some of mine are going to share with you their favorite thing about Christmas:
:Blog:
"My favorite thing to do at Christmas is watch all my favorite holiday movies. ELF is always first.
I also buy a big bag of mint and peppermint candy Hershey kisses and put them in my candy cane bowl. =)"
:Blog:
"My favorite thing to do so far at Christmas is getting together with
family and giving out presents. I have a feeling my new favorite thing
this year will be waking up and seeing Emma's face Christmas morning.
She may not know what's going on this year, but I hope she still loves
it as much as I am looking forward to it!"
:Blog:
"My favorite thing to do at Christmas is be with extended family
and take the Beanie Babies out in the snow! Christmas is about the only
time of year I get to spend with the extended relatives. Every other
year, my dad's side of the family comes to their house. The weekend
after Christmas is spent with my mom's side of the family. The Beanie
Babies love to see their cousins and Uncle Joe (my brother). It is so
MERRY! Even though the weather is something most would run from, I love
this time of year!"
:Blog:
"My favorite thing at Christmas is Christmas music. I begin listening to it November 1st and keep going until after New Year's. I love singing Christmas carols, and blasting a little Bing Crosby on a cold winter day :) I get so excited when artists come out with Christmas CDs, even if they all pretty much have the same exact songs on them!"
"My favorite thing at Christmas is Christmas music. I begin listening to it November 1st and keep going until after New Year's. I love singing Christmas carols, and blasting a little Bing Crosby on a cold winter day :) I get so excited when artists come out with Christmas CDs, even if they all pretty much have the same exact songs on them!"
:Blog:
"My favorite thing to do at Christmas...is EVERYTHING! But seriously, I
love getting a chai tea and driving around looking at Christmas lights
on Christmas Eve with my husband! My family and I used to do that every
year when I was a kid and we're excited to pass the tradition on to our
kids someday!"
:Blog:
"My favorite thing to do at Christmas time is to spend time
with my family and friends. I love spending every Christmas Eve at my Grandparents
house with my entire family. We open our stockings, eat a delicious Christmas
dinner, and open our Christmas presents. It is a lovely family tradition that I
look forward to every Christmas."
What about you? What's your favorite thing about Christmas?
Have you written a Christmas related post?
Link it up.
There's only ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.








3 comments:
love this, so fun! I love baking for christmas, i just made ginger bread cookies!
yumm... your Christmas treats look so good! nom nom nom
Oooh, the chocolate-peanut butter crackers look good!
Post a Comment