I recently participated in a wonderful give away called Cans for Comments.

I have a hard time passing up an opportunity to help others.
THANK YOU to everyone who commented, followed, linked up, and shared my post that day. I appreciate your help greatly!
THANK YOU to everyone who commented, followed, linked up, and shared my post that day. I appreciate your help greatly!
Before I update you on my donation, I have to get something off my chest.
I was a little disappointed with the response I got.
This post required nothing from you other than a comment. I had actually originally planned to say each comment would earn a can. Then, I thought that might be a lot so I backed down to every 5 comments equaling a can. I was wrong.
If I had only donated the cans as stated in my blog (every 5 comments=1 can, every new follower=1 can, and every link up = 1 can), I would have only donated 7 cans.
I don't understand why the number of views of that post was about triple the number of comments. I don't understand why people can take hours to enter all the great Christmas giveaways going on right now, but can't take a minute to write a comment to help others. I understand that you can't always donate to every great cause, but this didn't require you to donate anything. You just needed to leave a comment. It was so simple.
Everyone wants to band together and help the victims in Newtown, CT and I think that's WONDERFUL. I will even tell you about 2 great ways to help that I recently found and am participating in: A bracelet to help the victims and Drawn Together. I'm not against helping this community. BUT...there are people we can help every day. There is suffering around the world every day. (I recently guest posted for The Life of Faith on the topic of helping people all year long.)
If you've read my blog for a while, you know of my heart for helping others. It's the main reason I grew my blog in the first place. So, I guess it's hard for me when others don't share that passion.
Anyway...moving on....
I didn't want to just donate 7 cans, so I made it a nice even 10.
I am donating them to my hometown church's food bank.
I hope that it will help make someone's Christmas a little brighter.
What does your family do to help others during the Christmas season?
Link up your Christmas related post.
This link up only has ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.
I was a little disappointed with the response I got.
This post required nothing from you other than a comment. I had actually originally planned to say each comment would earn a can. Then, I thought that might be a lot so I backed down to every 5 comments equaling a can. I was wrong.
If I had only donated the cans as stated in my blog (every 5 comments=1 can, every new follower=1 can, and every link up = 1 can), I would have only donated 7 cans.
I don't understand why the number of views of that post was about triple the number of comments. I don't understand why people can take hours to enter all the great Christmas giveaways going on right now, but can't take a minute to write a comment to help others. I understand that you can't always donate to every great cause, but this didn't require you to donate anything. You just needed to leave a comment. It was so simple.
Everyone wants to band together and help the victims in Newtown, CT and I think that's WONDERFUL. I will even tell you about 2 great ways to help that I recently found and am participating in: A bracelet to help the victims and Drawn Together. I'm not against helping this community. BUT...there are people we can help every day. There is suffering around the world every day. (I recently guest posted for The Life of Faith on the topic of helping people all year long.)
If you've read my blog for a while, you know of my heart for helping others. It's the main reason I grew my blog in the first place. So, I guess it's hard for me when others don't share that passion.
Anyway...moving on....
I didn't want to just donate 7 cans, so I made it a nice even 10.
I am donating them to my hometown church's food bank.
I hope that it will help make someone's Christmas a little brighter.
What does your family do to help others during the Christmas season?
Link up your Christmas related post.
This link up only has ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.
6 comments:
I figured that post would have gone wild with comments. So sad that it didn't. :(
You're wonderful. Thank you for your heart :)
this is so amazing!! you are so kind.
I commented on another I saw up and running, but because you put so much heart into this on your end I'm going to donate ten cans to my local shelter (we're taking new toys and coats there tomorrow) with you in mind. So now, the donation is 20 (yours and mine), though not all to the same place, because of you being so kind hearted. It's not much, but I hope it helps. :)
I'm glad you were able to participate, even though the response wasn't what you were expecting. To be honest, I didn't get the response I was hoping for either. I think next year I'll start earlier and try to spread the word more. Hope you'll join us next year :o) Merry Christmas!
That is amazing, thank you for helping out your local shelter!!
Post a Comment