Blogging tips

Friday, December 14, 2012

JOY {25 Days Link Up}

We continue to get closer and closer to Christmas. I am very excited today to have a guest post from a bloggy friend, Christie from Satisfaction Through Christ. Right now, she's co-hosting a huge fashion giveaway link up that you should definitely check out. Christie has guest posted for me before. She was one of my first guest posts during Ornaments for Adoption. 

She has such an encouraging blog. She's always sharing fun stories of her beautiful daughter, her heart for adoption, and promoting great shops just to name a few things. You won't regret following along with her blog.

***

 Button250x250
This season of lights, cookies, trees, carols, and everything in between can be overwhelming.  For us this year brings a bit of sorrow.  2012 was one of our hardest years -- sickness, death, and failed adoption, to name a few.

Christmas-time after a year like we've had can be tough.

But, it can also be joyous!

Joyous?

Yes!  Although we're missing loved ones and are reminded of all of the hardships that we've experienced this year, Christ has proved to be enough and that is worth joy!

This Christmas, we're choosing to rejoice in the gift of a baby.  A baby, fully human and fully God, that lived a perfect, sinless life.  A baby that would suffer and die to take away the sins of the world.

A baby that came to give me joy in sorrow.

On that first Christmas night, His "tiny heart started beating for mine" so that I might be saved, so that I might have joy when times get hard, and so that I might proclaim His name through it all!

I pray that each of you are resting in "the reason for the season", today!  I pray that no matter what you've been through this year, that you can reflect on His goodness despite it all!  Because in the end, He is enough!

Merry Christmas, friends!

***

Now I'd love to have you link up your Christmas related post.

This link up only has ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my post. You can use the button in the side bar if you wish. 



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Christmas can be sad when we are missing loved ones...but it definitely is the most joyous of all holidays!!

Cathy said...

Still in shock over this horrible tragedy.

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com