Part of the fun of ending a year is all the counting down and looking back at things that happened that year.
Today, I want to countdown MY top 7 favorite posts of the year. (I was originally going to do a top 5, but I couldn't narrow it down to just 5.)
Sunday I will be posting my top 5 most popular post of the year so I won't be including any of those.
#7
Have you ever wished you knew then what you know now? If I could write a letter to my younger self, this is what I would have said. I love this post because I really do wish these are things I would have realized when I was younger. I don't have a lot of regrets from my past, but there's always things we wish we'd done differently.
#6
This post was the follow up from the first (and most successful) swap I've done. It was a scarf and scripture swap. I love this post because I met an amazing bloggy friend through this swap.
#5
I wrote this post a few days after our 2nd anniversary. I wrote several posts in honor of our marriage. This one was me trying to share some things I've learned that have made our marriage better. I love this post because it's honestly something I have to go back and read and remind myself of. Marriage is a lot of work and I hope my advice can help not only me, but others as well.
#4
I didn't write this post. It was part of my Ornaments for Adoption posts about adoption. During that time, the majority of the posts were guest posts from people who have experience with adoption. They were all great and I appreciate everyone who shared. I love this post because it gave us a glimpse of what it's like on adoption day. It was such a sweet post.


#3
This post was also a part of Ornaments for Adoption and I wrote this one. In this post, I shared why adoption is important to me. I love this post because I'm sharing my heart for adoption and because it was the first time I came out and said that I want to adopt (besides saying to my husband).

#2
My husband has some health issues and we have been in the emergency room close to 40 times since we've been married. It has been really hard. I wrote this post in March and things definitely got worse as the year went on. Hopefully, we're on the right track now that he's with some world-renowned doctors, he's on medicine, and his problem has a name (or in his case, several names). I love this post because I am truly sharing my heart. Many of my posts are scheduled and written ahead of time or written over the course of many days. This post was coming straight from my heart. I wrote it while sitting in a room in the hospital.
#1
Some certain books and movie were the inspiration for this post. I wrote this post for myself first because I do struggle in this area. It breaks my heart that "Christians" do not view these things as wrong. This post was hard for me to write and of course, I worried about what others would think. But it's something I felt like I needed to share. It's my favorite post from this year.
{Sorry no picture-you'll just have to go read it}
Thank you so much for following, reading, and commenting this year.
I look forward to what 2013 has in store for my blog!
3 comments:
Looking back on what we've written is nice! I'm headed over to read your number one (fave) post right now. :)
love this! I just read the one about what you've learned in 2 years of marriage. love that!
Hi Megan!
I found you through the comment you left on Tarole's blog about giveaways and I LOVE the points you made. I completely agree with you. And I'm probably "guilty" of not completing all the mandatory entries too...simply because I don't want to follow a blog I won't read.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm following along with your cute blog now and I'm a 4th grade teacher too :)
Kristin
Post a Comment