Blogging tips

Monday, December 17, 2012

OFA: Message from the Brocks {25 Days Link Up}

Today was originally supposed to be the last day of selling ornaments, but due to some personal issues I had to quit selling about a week and half ago. 

Today, however, is the last day of weekly postings about adoption. In case you are new here or missed it, here's a recap of all the Ornaments for Adoption posts:

I have to say that I am very happy with the way things went for my first year of doing Ornaments for Adoption. I thank you all for reading, commenting, praying, spreading the word, purchasing ornaments, guest posting, and everything else you did to make this possible. I am already thinking about how to make this bigger and better for next year.

In January, my husband and I plan to have dinner with the Brocks and give them the money that was made to help with their adoption. I will definitely be posting about that and give you the total then. 

I am very excited today to have a word from Libby Brock herself for the final day of Ornaments for Adoption 2012.

***

I can’t begin this post without first thanking Megan for her thoughtfulness, kindness, and generosity.  Her burden to help others goes beyond a typical calling, and has been a blessing to our growing family.  Her servant spirit has touched the lives of people she may never meet on this side of heaven.  It does not seem sufficient to say that we are indebted to her for her precious charity. In actuality, Megan and I have never met.  We were strangers just a few months ago, but have been brought together through the common bond of adoption. 

Megan and I each have our own unique stories, but the beautiful thing about these stories is that they are wrapped and intertwined in the Gospel.  When we, any of us who have been transformed by Christ, tell our stories, we are telling the story of who God is.  The story that God has written in my life is not the one that I would have imagined, nor is it the one that I tried to plan for myself.  Though its a beautiful story, it is one that has been laced with heartache.

Despite the difficulties that we’ve faced through infertility, miscarriage, medical mysteries, and the weary waiting on our baby through adoption, there is at least one thing I’ve learned about heartache.  It is good.  Good in the way that failure is good, and change is good, and tribulation is good.  I’ve learned the hard way that heartache can come in the form of one of God’s greatest gifts.  It can be a useful tool.  Just like failure will teach us what not to do the next time, and change can be gut-wrenchingly scary but bring new joy, and tribulations make us stronger; heartache can push us to the edge of our faith.  It can devour us, pull us, berate us, and then remake us.  When we are finally standing on the other side of heartache, we can see how far we’ve come from the person that we use to be, to the person that we are now.

Obviously, none of us can skip to the end and sneak a peek of our story, or even get a glimpse of the end of this chapter for that matter; however I can humbly say I’ve learned to embrace this thing called heartache.  I can come before you now and say that the heartache of losing our first baby has made me stronger.  The heartache of anxiously waiting for our next child has tested my faith and strengthened it as well.  When our heart aches, God aches with us, so it is not something we should run from.  We have been given a promise that we will never be left alone.  {Deuteronomy 31:6}

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of our story.  Through Ornaments for Adoption, you will always be a part of this glorious journey.  I can’t wait for the day that I get to put Christmas ornaments on the tree with a little chubby toddler in footed pajamas, and get to tell them of our story.  The story of how so many strangers and friends alike came together to help bring our baby home.  Merry Christmas and God bless you all for your kindness, support, donations, and prayers.  

***

I think we all can relate to Libby's words. Even if you've never experienced infertility or miscarriages, you have experienced trials, difficulties, and heartache. Maybe you're even experiencing those things now. Please let her words encourage you as they've encouraged me.

Today, I would like to give you one last opportunity to help the Brock family. Maybe this is the first time you've heard about Ornaments for Adoption. Maybe you didn't have $10 to spend this Christmas. Maybe you weren't interested in purchasing an ornament. Whatever the reason, you can still help! I am adding a "Donate" button below where you can donate to the Brocks adoption. Every little bit helps! No gift is too small!
*In case the button doesn't work (and they often don't), you can use your Paypal account to send a donation to leehall123 {at} gmail {dot} com. If you have any questions about this, you can comment or message me at mdhall{at}gmail{dot}com.*





One last thing, as a way to say thank you, Libby has offered up a necklace from the jewelry she makes to be offered in a giveaway. 
 
This giveaway will end Friday. Please help me spread the word and let's continue to help the Brocks get closer and closer to expanding their family through adoption. 


As if there's not enough going on, you can also link up for the 25 Days of Christmas.
There's only ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad that some people, like Libby, are praying for the chance to bring one baby into their homes...while other women are casually sleeping around and popping out four or five easily. :(
I hope their dream comes true soon!

Ashley said...

You are such a wonderful person. The world needs more Megans!