Blogging tips

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Easiest Christmas Cookies Ever {25 Days Link Up}

I found Angi's blog though a blog hop when her blog was called Backroads and Microphones. That name caught my attention and I'm glad I started following along. 

Now, her blog is called Into the Forest Dim, and I've learned many things about Angi-like the fact that she's a grammar nazi, has a strong dislike for celebrity gossip, enjoys crocheting, and she lives in Sitka, Alaska (the place where The Proposal was supposed to take place, but it wasn't actually filmed there).

Today Angi is sharing an easy Christmas recipe.

***
 
-->
The Easiest Christmas Cookies You’ll Ever Make

If you’re anything like me, December is a ridiculously busy month. There are multiple holiday parties you’re required to attend, presents to buy, Christmas cards to write, family to visit, packages to mail, decorations to put out…and the last thing you probably have time for is baking a ton of treats.

I adore holiday baking. The chocolate peppermint bark, the cranberry bread, the pumpkin coffee cake, the cookies…oh, the cookies. Unfortunately, cookies are one of the more time consuming baking projects. Especially if you’re doing drop cookies and only able to bake a dozen at a time!

Thankfully, a couple years ago, I figured out the solution to baking a quick batch of holiday cookies.

CHEAT.

This recipe makes fancy cookies so fast, so efficiently, so easily, you’ll have plenty of time leftover to do what we all REALLY want to do at Christmastime…sit by the lit-up Christmas tree with a cup of tea, Christmas music on the iPod, a ball of yarn in your lap and a crochet hook in your hand. Oh, that’s just me?

Chocolate Peppermint Dipped Sugar Cookies

·      pre-made sugar cookie dough
·      bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
·      peppermint candy canes, crushed
·       
I’m serious, you cannot mess this recipe up. All you do is bake the cookies according to the package directions, then when they’re baked and cooled, melt your bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips either in a double boiler, or in a glass bowl over the top of a pot of boiling water (or a microwave, I guess). Make sure it’s completely melted and smooth, then remove from the heat and one by one, dunk your cookies halfway into the chocolate.

Tap off the extra, and lay the cookies out on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate-dipped side of the cookies with your crushed candy canes.

Put the sheet of cookies into the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set the chocolate, then you can take them out and put them on the fanciest schmanciest plate you own.

The year I made these, I swear I had people asking how much time did you spend in the kitchen!!?!??

They’re delicious, they’re pretty, they’re festive, and they definitely don’t taste like store-bought cookies. Now go impress some people with your baking skillz.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

***

Now it's your turn to link up your Christmas related post.

This link up only has ONE rule:
1. Please link back to my blog in your post.

 


3 comments:

Helene said...

what a fabulous idea Megan! I have been dying to make some christmas cookies and these sound sooo fantastic! thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

I think even I can handle these, thanks for sharing!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
500 Follower Kate Spade Giveaway

Angi said...

Aw thanks for letting me invade your blog today!!! I'm still bummed I couldn't find a picture for those cookies...oh well.