I've added a new page to the top of my blog where you can find my goals for the year 2013.
Throughout the month of January, I will be looking at each goal specifically. I will let you know why I want to accomplish this goal and how I plan to do it.
I will also be updating throughout the year on how I'm doing.
Goal 9: Create the budget with my husband and stick to it!
I have to admit, I'm terrible with managing money. I'm not a big money spender, so I don't have a problem with not having money. I just don't like to budget or balance a checkbook. So, now that I'm married-I don't. My wonderful husband does all that stuff for us. When Lee got so sick, it made me realize that I need to at least have an idea of what's going on with our budget and bills.
Not only do I want to work with Lee to create a budget, but I want us to do a better job of sticking to it. We've been very blessed to not have to worry too much about money. We are able to take care of our bills and save a little bit plus we're able to have a little bit of fun money. But I know that it may not always be like this. We need to get in good habits now.
Goal 10: Go on at least 2 intentional dates a month. Have 2 nights a month that are technology free.
I believe that continuing to date your spouse after you're married is an important part of a healthy marriage. It can be so easy to simply get in a routine and live more like roommates than husband and wife. I want us to be sure we keep our marriage as a top priority in our life.
Let me explain why I use the word "intentional." Lee and I do spend a lot of time together. We run errands or may unexpectedly go out to eat together. For it to count as a date, though, I want us to make plans to go out together. I want us to call it a "date" and have no other purpose for it other than spending time together.
Technology is becoming such a big part of our everyday life. I know I am guilty of sitting on the computer for hours rather than spending time with Lee or doing something productive around the house. I want us to both work on "unplugging" occasionally and enjoying time with each other or to ourselves without being so "connected."
Do you create a budget or balance your checkbook or if you're married, do you let your spouse handle this?
What are some of your favorite date ideas?
4 comments:
I love all your goals!! Avery and I actually made the exact same goal to be more intentional with our dates. When we first got married we had a "date night" set aside each week, but we managed to let the busyness of life to get in the way. Dating is such a great way to build onenness!
Have you ever used mint.com? I love it! It is a free service that helps you set up and stick to a budget. You can link up all your spending and it automatically keeps track of what you are spending. I get emails when we go over budget in certain categories.
being technology free (even just 2 nights) is soo hard. but I love your plan!
I love the 2 nights a month that are technology free goal! I so need that! Sometimes when the Boyfriend and I are together, he's on his phone checking assigments and I'm on my phone checking in with the blogosphere and Facebook stalking. So sometimes one of us has to remind the other one to get off the phone. We've gotten good at it too. No one gets offended. But 2 complete days a month couldnt hurt!
hi girl!!
the resolution link up party is live and you totally should add this post!
xoxo
We Are The Tabbs
Post a Comment