Blogging tips

Friday, January 11, 2013

13 in '13: {Psalm and Proverbs}

I've added a new page to the top of my blog where you can find my goals for the year 2013. 

Throughout the month of January, I will be looking at each goal specifically. I will let you know why I want to accomplish this goal and how I plan to do it. 

I will also be updating throughout the year on how I'm doing.

Goal 4: Read a chapter from Psalm or Proverbs every Friday.

There are some interesting things to be found in reading Pslam and Proverbs.

Yesterday, I wrote on my goal to read the rest of the New Testament, but I would like to take a break from that each Friday to read a chapter from one of these books instead. 

I enjoy reading these because you can find a lot of wisdom and good sayings to guide you. I also really enjoy music and a lot of our worship songs are based on verses in Psalm. I like to find them and make note of them. I think it makes for better worship to know what you're singing instead of singing empty words. 

So this goal is simple. The goal itself is pretty self explanatory, so I don't have much to write. So, I'll ask a question and let you do some writing. What's your favorite hymn or worship song? Do you know what inspired that particular song?

2 comments:

LaNesha Tabb said...

lovely! you'll have to come link up with us at the end of the month! we are having an accountability link up where we check in on our goals! i see you were going to update us on how you are doing anyway so I hope you join us!!
check it out here ----> Resolution Revolution

Moe said...

I am your newest follower from the Monday Meet up. I have a similar goal in that I want to read my Bible more this year. You can read about it here if you want. I am also going to be updating once a month about how I am doing with my resolutions.

http://www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com/2013/01/goals-3-5.html