Blogging tips

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ornaments for Adoption: I Met the Brocks!

Today, I am linking up with Ashley from Dancing with Ashley for Favorite Things.


Normally when I link up with Ashley,  I share a list of my favorite things from the month. This month has been very busy between getting back into the routine of work after a month off and starting to tutor before school 2 days a week. Plus trying to put some new things into place in my life with my 13 in '13 goals.

Honestly, the month has gone by in a blur. One thing really sticks out that I did this month and it's what I want to share with you today. This was my FAVORITE thing from this month.

This month, I officially closed out the first ever Ornaments for Adoption. I think it was a huge success. I am already excited about how to make it bigger and better for next year.

Last week, Lee and I were finally able to meet Brad and Libby.

 

We had a great time and enjoyed dinner at Chili's. It was so wonderful to actually be able to meet the people I'd worked so hard to help.

I made them an ornament to commemorate the event.


I really hope that this Christmas they will be able to put this ornament on their tree with their son or daughter. This is my prayer.

We learned that the Brocks have completed all the necessary paperwork. They are now in the waiting stage. They could get a call tomorrow or months from now telling them that they have a baby. They've recently bought and moved into a new home. They have put together a very gender neutral nursery that is ready for Baby Broccoli (that's what they've nicknamed the baby-how cute is that?!)


Who knew they made stuffed broccoli?

We hope to stay in touch and I look forward to the day I can update all of you and tell you that Baby Broccoli is here!

I want to say again THANK YOU to everyone who helped me with Ornaments for Adoption in any way. Thank you to those of you who faithfully read my OFA posts and left sweet comments. If you have no clue what I'm talking about or missed some of the posts, they're all linked on my Ornaments for Adoption tab at the top of the page.

Finally, I know some of you want to know how much money was raised for OFA. Thanks to your generosity in buying ornaments and making donations we raised....

drumroll please.....




God blew me away with how successful this was. I was very nervous in the beginning to even start this and I was afraid it would be a total failure. I should have known better than to not trust that God would provide for something He called me to do.

The last thing I want to share with you is this gift Libby had for me. Did you know she makes and sells jewelry? I love this faith necklace. You can visit Libby's shop to check out more of her jewelry.


What's your favorite thing from the month of January? 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love how the Lord does ABOVE and BEYOND what we can ever think or imagine!!

Praising Him for you faithfulness today!

You're a blessing!
Christie

Veronica and Daniel said...

Praise God! What a wonderful idea - I wish I had heard about it sooner, but I would love to get some special ornaments this year! My husband has 2 adopted siblings, so we love being involved in projects like this :)

Hailey Stoner said...

I hope the best for finding a little broccoli for them. That stuffed broccoli is super cute! And I have one of those necklaces in my cart right now that I need to just pull the trigger and buy. I LOVE them.
Hailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick

Ashley said...

I'm so glad the 4 of you finally got to meet. I'm wishing them all the happiness in the world!! Love that necklace she gave you. You definitely deserved it, because you are such a good friend!

Shelby Osmond said...

I'm new here but I think its pretty amazing you have ornaments for adoption. Your successes are inspiring thank you. And ps i LOVE that jewelry so beautiful.

shelby
http://brandonandshelby.blogspot.com/