Welcome to the Throwback Thursday link up!
What is Throwback Thursday?
Throwback
Thursdays will be a day for you to link up anything from your past. It
can be old pictures, old songs, old TV shows, old movies, your
childhood crush, what was popular, your favorites, older fashion.
Anything goes! Throwback Thursdays will be the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.

Rules:
In this link up, we simply ask that you visit your host and guest host.
If you like what you see, we'd love to have you follow along. It will
also make it easier for you to participate every time if you follow your host.
We also ask that you link back to Just a Small Town Girl in your TT post.
Meet our guest host:
I am very excited to have Allie from Tales of a Twenty Something
guest hosting Throwback Thursday for the month of February. Allie is a
fellow North Carolinian. She hosts some great link ups herself like Pits and Peaks and Weekly What? The Weekly What? is one of my favorite because you recap your blog week. She's also a great blog to sponsor because she truly cares about helping you grow your blog. You won't regret following along.
Throwback:
This upcoming Monday is kind of an important day. It's my "Golden Birthday." I will turn 25 on the 25th. So, I thought I'd share some things that happened the year I was born.
In 1988:
Ronald Reagan was president.
Gas was $0.91
A movie ticket was $3.50.
Rain Man was the top grossing film.
Some top songs in 1988 were "Faith" by George Michael, "The Way You Make Me Feel" and "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson, "So Emotional" and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" by Whitney Houston, "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns and Roses, "Bad Medicine" by Bon Jovi, and "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison.
Popluar TV shows were The Cosby Show, Cheers, Growing Pains, The Golden Girls, and Murder She Wrote.
Notre Dame won the National Championship in football.
Washington Redskins defeated the Denver Broncos for Super Bowl XXII.
Ping Pong became an Olympic sport.
Doppler radar was invented.
Scattergories was the years most popular toy.
There were several famous people born in 1988 including: Emma Stone, Julianne Hough, Rupert Grint, Rihanna, Adele, Haley Joel Osment, and Michael Cera.
Now that you know when my birthday is, I'd love to know yours as well so that I can help you celebrate. This might be with a shout out on social media, an email, a birthday card, or free advertisement. Just fill out the Google Doc below.
Now link up your Throwback Thursday post and visit some others as well:


7 comments:
Fun! I will try to come up with something for Throwback Thursday since I don't already have a post scheduled for today. Happy (early) Birthday! My "Golden Birthday" is this year too! I will be 28 on May 28!
I feel old. I was 10 when you were born.
You look exactly like your mom!
I can't believe gas was $.91. That is insane.
Happy almost Birthday! That was a great year for music!! (and gas prices, lol)
So cool! Happy Golden Birthday! I love this link up! I will have to link up next time! Boo for the Redskins beating my Broncos!!! haha!
Hey girl we should team up bc we are doing the same link up and have been for awhile! http://whenindoubtjustaddglitter.blogspot.com/2013/02/throwback-thursday.html
I like how you wrote facts from the year you were born. How I wish gas was only 91 cents today! Happy almost birthday girlie :) xoxo
Post a Comment