Blogging tips

Friday, February 15, 2013

What's your dream job?

One day during lunch my coworkers started discussing their dream jobs. 

We talked about what we would do if money, family, location, etc. was not a factor. 

While I enjoy teaching and it works well for us at this point in life, it's not my dream job. 


I've always dreamed of doing something that has a positive impact on people's lives. (I know I do that with teaching.)

People like Katie Davis who started Amazima Ministries and Ashley who started The Shine Project and Kristen who started Mercy House Kenya inspire me.

That's my dream job. I would love to start an organization, project, business, or ministry that helps people. It's crazy for me to even think about doing something like that. I am not an outgoing person. But...I feel like the people I listed above never saw themselves doing this either. They just said "yes" when they felt lead to do something.  


I got a small taste of what this would be like when I did Ornaments for Adoption. It brought me such joy to be helping someone else. I would love it if one day God worked it out that I could do something like that full time. 

What's your dream job?

***

I'm also participating in this giveaway with Southern Sunflowers and Coffee Beans. 

2 comments:

Crystal from My Ramblings said...

I'm a new reader from Southern Sunflowers. My dream job is teaching. It's really all that I've ever wanted to do. I'm taking a long route to get there but I will teach one day!

PS. I live in NC too :)

said...

That is such a great dream job! One day you should really go for it (when the time is right) I bet you'd be fantastic at it :)