Today, I am sharing 10 reasons why I think books are better than movies.
2. You can learn the characters' thoughts. This goes along with #1. By knowing the characters' thoughts, you get to know the characters better and often understand the story better.
3. More details of the story are shared through books. You can only fit so much into a 2 hour movie. Books can be pages upon pages. There's always so much more to a story when you read the book.
4. The possibilities in books are endless. Sure technology is getting pretty advanced, but the sky is truly the limit for authors writing books. There will always be limits to what people can do in movies.
5. As you're reading a book, you get to use your imagination to create the characters, setting, and how the actions play out. Once a movie comes out, it ruins your ability to fit the book to your liking because all you can think about is the movie's interpretation.
6. Reading stimulates your brain and helps you improve a vital skill.
7. Everything makes so much more sense in a book than a movie. There have been plenty of movies that wouldn't have made as much sense to me if I hadn't already read the book. Movies often leave out key details plus as #1 points out, you don't know the characters' thoughts.
8. You can get lost in a good book. I've gotten so lost in books that time has flown by, it's all I can think about, and it's all I want to talk about. That's never happened to me with a movie.
9. Books are cheaper than movies. While there are some ways to buy cheap movies, you can't beat free. Libraries are your friend. You can borrow books for FREE.
10. You can take books with you anywhere and they provide hours of entertainment. I know that with smart phones, you can technically take movies with you anywhere. However, it's so much easier to take a book out while you wait somewhere than to load up a movie and put in your headphones then put it all back up. Plus I feel like there are so many more choices of great books than great movies.
What do you think? Do you prefer books? Can you think of another reason?



6 comments:
I love a good book. Someone there is nothing more relaxing than chilling out with a good book. x
I definitely agree with most of these! However I WILL say that I've been powering through Pillars of the Earth all summer and there IS such a thing as a book that's too long! Haha.
excellent points! Books win!
This list is the bomb, Megan! Books are amazing, and I love submerging myself in that world and see it all from my eyes. And then when I reread the book (having or not having seen the movie), I keep seeing it exactly as I first imagined it, which I adore. Does that happen to you too?
Movie versions never do a book justice, and your reasons rock so I pinned them and scheduled them into a tweet :)... Xo!
Yes, yes, and yes. With books the author has time to develop the plot and characters a bit more than with a movie. Movies tend to feel a bit rushed and less personal. I've always preferred books over movies. Unfortunately I think this generation thinks otherwise. Great post!
I just read your two latest book posts (including today's) and I came back to this one because I missed it....It's so true that you learn a character's thoughts through the book! I felt like most of The Hunger Games was Katniss' thoughts. If you'd read the books, you knew exactly what she was thinking during those quiet moments in the movie. If not, you probably didn't enjoy the movie quite as much.
Post a Comment