Blogging tips

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Backstreet's Back Alright

Several months ago, I heard that the Backstreet Boys were coming to Raleigh. Sign me up please! Their CD was one of the first CDs I ever owned. They were always my favorite boy band and I still shamelessly listen to their music when I'm in the mood.


Sure, I would have LOVED to have gone to one of their concerts about 15 years ago, but young women in their 20s can relive their childhood/teenage years. Right?!?

So earlier this week, I was taken back to those days of later adolescence and early teenagehood.

The days where I had braces and my first boyfriend:

The days where my parents made me carry a walkie talkie around an amusement park because we didn't have cell phones:

The days where I wore overalls (more than once):

The days where I wore my name on my sweater in case I forgot what it was:

Yep, those awkward years. I went back to those years and enjoyed my first ever BSB concert. Sure I was in the general admission lawn and I could see better than what it appears. Sure I couldn't take my nice camera in so I got NO good pictures. But despite all that, it was an experience I'll never forget.

 My friend Kristy and I
The venue
 DJ Pauly D
 Yep, the guy from Jersey Shore
Fist Pumping to the music
Jesse McCartney
 



BACKSTREET BOYS
 









3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh you can totally relive your childhood. I never got the chance to go to any of those concerts as a kid but this summer I went to the Package tour with NKOTB, 98 and Boyz to Men. Loved it! :)

Buttergirl Diaries said...

I went to the BSB concert this past Tuesday too! It was such a great concert. I thought they weren't going to sing Everybody but then when they busted it out at the end I was so happy!

Ginny
www.buttergirldiaries.com

Team Harries said...

Love me some Backstreet boys!!