It's time for Tuesday's link up with The Austin Family Diary and Life. Love. Lauren. for the 10 Day You Challenge.
Last week, everyone had my mouth watering with their food lists. This week is 4 books. I can only choose 4?!? I love to read.
1. The number one book in my life would have to be the Bible. I love reading things I've heard my whole life and have God teach me something new. I've also learned that I do best to read whole books or stories at a time. I like things in context.
2. Although, technically this is 7 books, they can be counted as one-the Harry Potter series. My favorite fictional books ever! I can't tell you how many times I've read through this series. I usually read it about once a year.
3. Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis is probably my favorite nonfiction book. This book really had a big impact on my life. Katie is an inspiration. You can read more of my thoughts on this book here.
4. The Mark of the Lion series is probably my second favorite fiction series. It is Christian fiction, and it is also historical fiction. I love historical fiction. It takes place during the height of the Roman Empire. I have read through this series several times also.
1. The number one book in my life would have to be the Bible. I love reading things I've heard my whole life and have God teach me something new. I've also learned that I do best to read whole books or stories at a time. I like things in context.
![]() |
| source: www.amazon.com |
2. Although, technically this is 7 books, they can be counted as one-the Harry Potter series. My favorite fictional books ever! I can't tell you how many times I've read through this series. I usually read it about once a year.
![]() |
| source: www.amazon.com |
3. Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis is probably my favorite nonfiction book. This book really had a big impact on my life. Katie is an inspiration. You can read more of my thoughts on this book here.
![]() |
| source: www.amazon.com |
4. The Mark of the Lion series is probably my second favorite fiction series. It is Christian fiction, and it is also historical fiction. I love historical fiction. It takes place during the height of the Roman Empire. I have read through this series several times also.
![]() | |
| source: www.amazon.com |
*Bonus*
Since I could write a long list of books I love, I decided to include a bonus. This is a series I started reading a few weeks ago. There are 6 books in the series, but the last one hasn't come out yet. Several of these books I read in less than 24 hours. They are hard to put down. I'm ready to find out how it ends, but have to wait until April! It's called the Gone series. I think this will join my list of favorite books/series.
![]() | |
| source: www.amazon.com |
While we're on the subject of reading, if you're an avid reader, I would recommend you check out Good Reads. This is a great place to rate and list the books you've read, read synopsis and reviews on books, and get recommendations based on what you've read. I'm using it to keep up with how many books I've read this year. You can find me on Good Reads here.
What's one of your favorite books or series?




![Mark of the Lion Series Boxed Set: Gift Collection [BOXED-MARK OF THE LION SERIES]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61OErTOCsWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg)


8 comments:
Yea for Harry! I think I need to check out good reads. Everyone seems to have the widget on their blog. But it sounds like a good place to get opinions on books! Thanks for sharing!
I love what you said about the bible. I agree... I just started reading it more frequently, and it's amazing how I can get something new out of stories I've heard in church for years. Great list :)
I need to get on good reads. I love to read. I always joke that I even read shampoo bottles in the shower, which I do! Stopping by from the link up!
I've read your top three and of course, I'll never stop reading the bible. Scripture study is so s refreshing and much needed in my life. I'll have to look into reading your last two. Goodreads is an awesome tool! You should be my friend even though I need to update my list! http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2330435-lisa-jones
Wow, how odd that I have never heard of Mark of the Lion series. I will have to look into that!!
I love that Harry Potter made your list too! They are definitely great books :D
I have been working on reading the bible, slowly but surely haha.
Great book choices!
Stopping by from 10 Day YOU Challenge ♥
Love all the ones you have included on your list! I too am an avid reader. What are you reading right now? Blessings sweet friend!
Never heard of good reads, but it sounds cool. Can't wait to check it out.
Post a Comment