Blogging tips

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Liebster Award #2

Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend!

I am so honored to have received my second nomination for The Liebster Award. Thank you so much to Jenn at Passenger Seat Perspectives for nominating me!

I think my favorite parts of these is answering the questions.

Part of winning this award is telling random facts about yourself. I have already wrote many posts with random facts about myself and I feel like I've run out of random facts. You can view some random facts about me here, here, and here if you'd like.

Also, in keeping with the spirit of things, the person who nominated Jenn posted a random, unrelated pictures. So, Jenn posted a random unrelated pictures. Therefore, I'm going to post a random unrelated picture before I answer the questions.
This was during college. I guess I was jumping around being silly and my roommate thought it would be a good idea to take a picture or me.

+Favorite colors?
For many years, I was a big fan of the color orange. I still like orange, but yellow is becoming my new favorite.
+When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Like most girls, I used to want to be a teacher and I loved to play school when I was younger. When I was an older elementary aged student, I thought I wanted to be some kind of clothing designer because I loved to draw dresses. This is funny because I'm not a fashionable person at all. I just liked to draw. 
+Favorite current trend?
 As mentioned in the previous question, I'm not a fashionable or trendy person. I like the chevron pattern that is on so many things recently. I also like how bright colors have been very trendy. I like fun, bright colors especially in the summer.
+Something adventurous you've done in the past?
 I am also not a very adventurous person. I'm very cautious. Sorry, I know I'm kind of boring. I'd say something adventurous I've done is move 10 hours away from home and everything I've ever known. Two years ago, my husband and I got married and moved to North Carolina within 2 weeks. I had no job and didn't know anyone. I was definitely out of my comfort zone coming from a small town where I'd lived my whole life.
+Something adventurous you'd like to do?
The most adventurous thing I can think of that I'd like to do is have children. The older I get, the more I realize that growing a child inside you, birthing a child, and raising a child is going to be quite an adventure. On a less serious note, I'd like to go white water rafting.
+What's your dream car?

+What three words describe you?
 I asked my husband to give me words because I'm never good at this type of question. He said intelligent, caring, and prudent. (I admit he didn't say prudent. He said thoughtful. I told him thoughtful and caring were very similar things. He said he meant thoughtful like I think things through and don't make hasty decisions.)
+What are some of your favorite blogs?
 Of course, I love Passenger Seat Perspectives. Some other blogs I love to read are The Mrs., Faith and Hope Abound, and Dancing with Ashley. I hate picking "favorites." I love all the blogs I read for different reasons. These are just blogs I've read for a while now or have felt like I really connected with.
+Favorite candy?
 This one's easy. I love M&M's and mini Reese's.
+Why do you blog?
 I started out blogging as a way to keep my family and friends updated on my life because I was moving away from home. I was following a couple of my friends' blogs who were "real" bloggers and they made me want to be a "real" blogger too. I blog because I enjoy connecting with people from all over, with different occupations, and at different points in life. I love the sharing of ideas and thoughts. It is a great way for me to de-stress and as a Christian, I also feel like it's a way for me to share my life and faith with others through my words.
+Polka dots or stripes?
 I love polka dots. They're so cute. Everything is cuter when you add polka dots.

Thanks again Jenn for the award. As I mentioned in my previous Liebster Award post, I won't be nominating anyone for this award. (sorry) I don't follow a ton of blogs and I know that several of the blogs I follow have recently received this award or I recently nominated them for an award.

4 comments:

Katrin said...

It was so much fun to read your answers and learn more about you!
I love polka dots too! They are so cute!

Brittaney said...

Just found your blog through the link up at Austin Family Diaries, you've got a new follower :) Looking forward to reading new posts!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you! So funny! Ah, the good ole memories of playing school as a child. Believe it or not my favorite part was grading the papers..lol. What was I thinking then? The more I learn about you the more I learn that we have things in common. I love to draw as well, and even though I haven't drawn in quite a while I really miss it. My favorite thing to draw used to be houses from Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA. I absolutely LOVE M&M's! It's my secret chocolate addiction, and the only thing I request for Valentine's besides a card. I feel honored that you chose my blog as one of your favorites. I think you know by now that I feel the same about your blog.

Unknown said...

I've been itching to move far away from family and friends. With husband and three kids that would be pretty stressful. I have an awesome family and would miss them, but I guess I'm just feeling adventurous.

I agree with polka dots 100%