Blogging tips

Friday, September 14, 2012

Letter to God



Join the Compassion Blogger Network



Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for how you've blessed Lee and I in our 2 years of marriage. You have provided Lee with a job that he loves. You provided me with a job when we first moved here and then provided me with another one after the first one ended due to budget cuts. I am amazed at this fact. You've also provided Lee with scholarships to pay for school. Despite everything that has happened in our lives, we have never had to go without our needs and most of our wants. We can only thank you for that.

You have burdened both of our hearts to not keep these blessings for ourselves. Because you blessed us, we can help others. This brings me so much joy to know that I can impact the life of someone else. I am in awe that you want to use someone as inadequate as me for your Kingdom's work. Please Lord, continue to break our hearts for the hurting in this world. Show us what we can do to help more.

I thank you that because you have provided so generously for us, we are able to sponsor 2 children through Compassion. They have been an amazing blessing in my life. I love to get their precious letters. They make me smile as they tell me of the things they are doing and hope to do in the future. I love to have them tell us what they are learning about You and what they would like us to pray for. I love when they tell us they are praying for us. Oh, how I'd love to hear those sweet prayers! I love having their beautiful pictures proudly displayed on my refrigerator. Even though I've never met them, I feel like they're part of our family. Lord, if it be your will, I'd love to meet these children one day.

For Alan, I'd like to pray that you would continue to grow in him a curiosity to know You more. He has expressed a desire to be a preacher. Lord, if that is Your will for him, give him good teachers to disciple him and grow him in You. I ask that you will be working in the lives of his family, even his grandparents. Let them grow and have a relationship with you. Please give them good health and jobs to provide for their needs. Please let him have a good school year and do well in school. I pray that he will develop healthy, Godly friendships.

For Malaiyarasi, I pray that she will continue to grow in her relationship with you. She lives in a country that desperately needs you. Show her how to be a shining light in her country. Help her to be a witness to her friends and family.  I pray that her family will have good health and jobs. I ask that she will have a good school year where she can add to her education and give herself a bright future. I pray that she will develop healthy, Godly friendships. I want to continue to build our relationship with this sweet little girl. I hope she knows how much we love her. Please bless the money we send to help her in the way that she needs it the most.

Please let this Compassion month be a success. Create in others a desire to help these children affected by poverty. Please let Compassion exceed their goal of getting new sponsors for  3,108 children.

Thank you again for your wonderful blessing. Please help me to always remember them. Even when things seem dark, help me to remember how much I DO have. Please forgive me for the times that I am ungrateful and selfish.

I ask all these things in Jesus' name. Amen.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We really are so blessed! :)

Ashley said...

I think it's so good to spend time every day to thank our Heavenly Father for all our blessings!

So wonderful, Megan!