Blogging tips

Friday, November 9, 2012

Go Be What You Are Made to Be

If you've been reading my blog, you may have seen me mention that I was participating in Blog Angels during the month of October. I was a blog angel for Candice. One thing I did was to offer her one of my "Big City" ad spots.  So, you can find her beautiful button over in my sidebar and today she is guest posting for me. 

***

Hello, I am Candice the founder of Lilly Through The Valley. As a blogger I love to read things that lift up my soul and inspire me as a person. In my double life I love to cook for my family, crochet and take long walks!

Let's go ahead and be what we are made to be - Romans 12:6

       I love this verse, actually I love it so much that it is the header of my blog. Why do you ask? My short time on earth life has thrown me quite a few curve balls. As it happens this is a period of my life is shaky on the best of days. A few years ago I was a bit lost in who I am as a person.

      Quite honestly the person I was as a child was a way distant memory and I didn't even realize it! Thankfully God did and sent me a reminder of how mighty he is. My first thoughts was to get over the trauma of Lilly's birth but it never occurred to me that in doing so I would be stripped to the bone.

      My faith was open wide to God, the career I once worked hard to obtain no longer applicable and my values completely changed.

      Romans 12:6 was a verse that God has brought before me time and time again to remind that I am made to be a certain way. It has became my motto in life. When things are getting tough I recite "I need to go ahead and be what I am made to be."

      In a world where your not pretty enough, tall enough, rich enough, strong enough, skinny enough, not eating enough, over eating, it's easy to forget that we should just go ahead and be what we are made to be.  Yes, God can use you just the way you are. The size of your pants, the way you wear your hair, how you act, where you are in your walk with God doesn't matter because he can use you just the way. That's the beauty of God, he takes you just as you are.

    Now as you start your day or end it I encourage you to go ahead and be exactly who God made you to be!
 

Candice

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Thank you for this post, Candice. I'd entirely forgotten that passage from Romans.

I've been slowly finding my way to the same conclusion in the last few months, after having spent most of my life not feeling right inside my own skin. I guess being fired from a job and having your marriage go pear-shaped has a way of bringing you back to your essentials!

I guess, one needs to find a way though to being able to say with conviction "here I am; I'm not perfect, but I'm right with the law and hopefully I'm right with God, so it feels good to be me".

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! We often get caught up in trying to fit the world's standards, we forget about how God made us the way we are.

Helene said...

your posts are always so inspiring and inspirational. thank you for the light you bring me each day!