Blogging tips

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Love Harry Potter Weeks 7 & 8

”simply,ashley.”

Today, I'm linking up again with Simply, Ashley, Living on a Latte and Prayer, One Haole Girl for the I Love Harry Potter Link Up. I missed last week, so I'm answering the questions from week 7 and week 8 today.

Week 7 question:

1. Which wizarding school - Hogwarts, Beauxbatons or Durmstrang?
Hogwarts. It's the one we know the most about, so it's the one we all know and love. Beauxbatons seems to girly for me and the people at Durmstrang seem very unpleasant.
 2. David Yates as director or Chris Columbus?
 Hmmm...tough ones. Most people have chosen David Yates because they preferred the later movies. I do agree in that I enjoy the later movies more, but I'm going to choose Chris Columbus on this one because he followed the books better.
 3. What is your favorite joke from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?
Extendable Ears. I can be very nosey sometimes and I think I'd put these to good use. 

 4. Would you put your name in for the Triwizard Tournament?
Absolutely not. The same reason the sorting hat would not have put me in Gryffindor. I'm not a brave or adventurous person at all! I'd have enjoyed watching from the safety of the stands.
 5. Least favorite book?
Can you have a least favorite book in this awesome series?!? If I HAD to choose the one I liked the least (and may I state that my least favorite Harry Potter book would still come way ahead of my favorite of any other book), I would choose Chamber of Secrets. The first 2 books are a lot shorter and you're not as into the stories yet, plus the characters are still so young. I can't dislike the first one because it introduced us to the whole story, so I'll go with the 2nd.
   
 6. Least favorite film?
I don't enjoy watching the first 2 movies as much-probably because of the same reasons I stated in the previous questions. The story is not as well developed and the characters are still so young. 
 7. Which Quidditch position would you play?
I probably wouldn't have played because I'm not the most athletic person, but if I did, I would have wanted to be the Seeker. You have one job and you get to stay out of the action for the most part. 

Week 8 questions: 

1. Place in/around Hogwarts that you’d most like to explore?
Hmm...that's a tough one. The whole place seems fascinating. If I had to choose one place, I'd say Dumbledore's office. He had all kind of gadgets and thing dealing with the history of Hogwarts in his office. Plus his office contained the Penseive (which is definitely one of my favorite magical objects) and the portraits of old Hogwarts professors where you could probably learn lots of interesting things.

2. Favorite method of magical transportation?
Apparition. How cool would it be to be able to disappear in one location and suddenly appear somewhere else? You'd never have to worry about traffic or being late or anything else like that.

3. Favorite spell with a wand?
Accio. I hate when you sit down and get comfy with everything around you you need (computer, cell phone, book, etc.) only to realize the remote is across the room. I'd love to be able to say "Accio remote" instead of having to get up and get it.

4. Have you played any of the HP video games? If so, which platforms and which one was your favorite?
No, I haven't.

5. Would you give apparition a try?
Yes. (See question 2)

6. Favorite Potion?
Polyjuice Potion. I think it would be neat to be able to literally "walk in someone else's" shoes.

7. What form would a boggart take in front of you?
My boggart would look like Molly Weasley's. I'd see family members and friends hurt ...or worse...That's my biggest fear.

In honor of Breaking Dawn 2's release:

(Can't you hear Ron saying that in his cute little British voice?)

3 comments:

Kimberly H said...

Haha, I TOTALLY can hear Ron's voice in that pic :) Great answers to the questions as well!

Ashley McCardia said...

dumbledore's office would be heavenly!!! :)) Thank you for linking up!

Megan said...

I read your post from March about Lee's stomach issues. I feel your pain on financial strain from medical issues. My husband has a rare disease that has no real cure. We spent the night before and most of Christmas Eve in both north wake med & big wake med's emergency rooms...to get discharged with a diagnosis of "migraine". We have over 35,000 in medical debt just from December-May of this year. Craziness!!!