I've added a new page to the top of my blog where you can find my goals for the year 2013.
Throughout
the month of January, I will be looking at each goal specifically. I
will let you know why I want to accomplish this goal and how I plan to
do it.
I will also be updating throughout the year on how I'm doing.
Goal 4: Read at least 40 books. At least 10 of those books should be nonfiction. At least 5 of those books should be classic novels.
I have always loved to read. Last year, I decided that I needed to challenge myself and expand my horizons, so I set a goal last year to read more nonfiction. Nonfiction is something I never read unless I was in school. Overall, I did a good job with this last year. I want to continue to read nonfiction and I want to add to it by reading some classics as well.
Even though reading is one of my favorite hobbies, I don't write much about the books I read. I think the reason for this is I feel inadequate to express my thoughts on a book. So many people that read and then review books are English majors or Literature majors and they use fancy language in their reviews. I decided not to let that stop me anymore. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and I want that to be expressed on my blog. I'm going to try and review the books I read each month at the end of the month.
You can find me on Goodreads and follow along with what I'm reading and wanting to read.
What are your suggestions for books to read this year? Do you have a nonfiction book or classic novel I should read?
Even though reading is one of my favorite hobbies, I don't write much about the books I read. I think the reason for this is I feel inadequate to express my thoughts on a book. So many people that read and then review books are English majors or Literature majors and they use fancy language in their reviews. I decided not to let that stop me anymore. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and I want that to be expressed on my blog. I'm going to try and review the books I read each month at the end of the month.
You can find me on Goodreads and follow along with what I'm reading and wanting to read.
What are your suggestions for books to read this year? Do you have a nonfiction book or classic novel I should read?
3 comments:
Great goal!! OK, I am so not a nonfiction reader so I have no suggestions there, but love "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier. It was a classic novel I had to read for summer reading in high school, but absolutely loved it and have read it about 5 times since!
My favorite classics are Gone With the Wind and Jane Eyre :)
Wow! 40 is a huge number! My goal is to just read 12, but at the rate I'm going now, I know I will read more than that! But here are my suggestions of what I've read recently: "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, "Room" by Emma Donghue, and I'm in the middle of "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. All were really interesting, and I would definitely recommend them!
Can't wait to read more about what you read, so I can hopefully add some more to my list of books to read too!
Post a Comment