Blogging tips

Monday, January 14, 2013

13 in '13: {Compassion}

I've added a new page to the top of my blog where you can find my goals for the year 2013. 

Throughout the month of January, I will be looking at each goal specifically. I will let you know why I want to accomplish this goal and how I plan to do it. 

I will also be updating throughout the year on how I'm doing.

Goal 4: Write a letter every other month to the children we sponsor through Compassion, Alan and Malaiyarasi.

I have mentioned many times by now that Lee and I sponsor 2 children through Compassion.

Alan who is from Ecuador.

And Malaiyarasi who is from India.

One of the best parts of sponsoring a child is being able to write and receive letters from them. It warms my heart to receive a letter from them and have them share their thoughts with us. I also love when they draw us pictures-so cute!

I have not done a great job of writing them letters. Compassion has made it easy by adding a feature where you can now type your letter and add pictures through their website. I don't have an excuse. I'm on the computer a lot.

So, I want to commit to write to them at least every other month. I want them to know that we think of them and love them. I want to encourage them and share our life with them. I hope our letters make them as excited as theirs make us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Following you from Covered in Grace!
Follow me back too?

Ugochi said...

Hey Megan! I blog for compassion too and I am so looking forward to when I can sponsor a child. It really warms my heart to meet you.
I found you at Covered In Grace and I look forward to knowing you some more.
Have a super blessed day!

The Remodeled Life said...

Hey Megan! Found you through Covered in Grace! Love your blog! Compassion is such a great organization, we have a little boy we sponsor and I could totally be better at writing letters! I'm a new follower here!

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

Thank you for sharing this challenge!! I am also sponsoring a child and have really been slacking on writing letters. I have allowed the craziness of life to push this important task aside, but I am challenged by your post to make it a priority. I know it is just a few minutes of my time, but really has a huge impact on that sweet child. Thanks girl :)

Ashley said...

What a fantastic goal. I know it makes those children's days when they get a letter from you. (and makes your day too!)