Blogging tips

Sunday, January 27, 2013

13 in '13: Pinterest, Camera, and Cleaning

I've added a new page to the top of my blog where you can find my goals for the year 2013. 

Throughout the month of January, I will be looking at each goal specifically. I will let you know why I want to accomplish this goal and how I plan to do it. 

I will also be updating throughout the year on how I'm doing.

Goal 11: Do at least 10 things I pinned on Pinterest.


I love Pinterest. I think it's a great place to get ideas or just have a good laugh. The problem is I often pin things but never do them. I have done a lot of recipes that I pinned, but usually don't get around to doing other things.

This year, I want do at least 10 of the things I pin that I've never done before. This can include a recipe, a DIY project, a workout, something for my classroom, or just an idea.

I know many thing that I pin are ideas I'd like to remember in the future, but there are many things I could do now. 

 
Goal 12: Learn how to effectively use my DSLR camera.

I've always enjoyed pictures. I have a dream that one day photography can be a hobby of mine. Near the end of last year, Lee and I purchased a DSLR camera. The problem is, I only know how to use it very basically. I pretty much keep in on auto. 

This year, I want to take the time to explore some of the camera tips I've pinned. I also want to watch the DVD we bought with our camera. Then, I want to take some time to go around and practice taking pictures. 

It's a waste of our money if I don't learn how to use the camera properly.

Goal 13: Create a cleaning schedule (AND STICK TO IT) so that the house gets cleaned little by little throughout the week instead of me having to clean all weekend.

For me, I believe this is the most effective way to clean. There's nothing that I hate more than having to spend my weekend cleaning. I would rather do something a couple of days a week than all at one time. 
My plan is to make a list of all the chores that need to be done on a weekly and bi-weekly basis. Then, I'm going to sit down with my husband and split the chores. We'll then decide what days we want to do what chore.

We did this the first year we were married and it worked out well. However, we got out of the habit a long time ago and it's time to get back into it. 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this part of your 13 in '13 is great. Frankly, I was hesitant to try Pinterest because it seemed to promote (1) people "wanting" and "liking" but not doing, (2) feeling bad about the blessings they already have (such as their homes) after seeing other people's homes and crafts on Pinterest.

Lyndsey said...

I think your 13 in '13 is great as well and I may just do this very same thing. I would love to do 13 Printerest Pins this year that have been pinned and I haven't done that. I have done a handful of recipes and have loved every one of them. I am going to go follow you on Pinterest now :)

Chore list is a great idea. I have always said I would do it but then never taken the time to sit down with the husband and talk/organize it.

Logan Cantrell said...

Goal 13: GREAT idea! I need to do that with Ryan!