Blogging tips

Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 Mantra

You may notice a new page at the top of my blog. If not look up there. There's a new tab called "13 in '13" which has a my list of goals for the new year. 

These are tangible things I want to work on this year. I will start tomorrow posting about each one individually. I hope to also give an update each month on how I'm doing on each goal.

Today, I want to share with you something I've adopted as my mantra for 2013.

"Give grace." 

It's that simple. 

Charis is the Greek word for grace. It means "undeserved gift." When you give someone grace, you are giving something they don't deserve.

God gave us a gift we didn't deserve when he sent His son to be the sacrifice for our sin. He also gives us grace every day by giving us forgiveness for our daily sins.

God gives me grace, yet I'm so often unwilling to give it to others. People are going to disappoint me. People are going to hurt me. People are going to make mistakes. They're human! 

I make mistakes too. I want people to give me grace, but I'm often unwilling to give it to others.

I also don't know everyone's situation. I don't know what people are going through or have been through. I don't want to be so quick to pass judgment on others. I don't walk in their shoes. 

This year, I want to work on giving grace rather than remaining angry, bitter, and unforgiving. I also want to give grace rather than making judgments or speaking cruelly of others.

Do you have a mantra for the new year? 

**Some of my bloggy friends want to share their 2013 mantras as well.**


" I know as typical as it sounds, I would like to get healthy in 2013. I am such a yo-yo dieter and I'm ready to lose the weight and keep it off."

Blog//Twitter//Facebook

"I know it may sound cheesy and to avoid saying lose weight I  am going with "Don't Worry ....Be Happy"  {hum seems like I have a thing for song titles, LOL} But in all seriousness I have got to stop worrying so much!  I worry about EVERYTHING!!  and I also want to work on really loving myself  through losing the weight, getting healthy again, and just simply being happy.  I will find something good in everything!"

Blog//Twitter//Facebook

"I have quite a few important things that I want to really work on this year to better myself. But I'd had to say that my 2013 mantra is going to be all about balance. To become that better person, wife, and mother, I need to balance all areas of my life. Most importantly how much time I spend on the internet, phone, and blogging. I absolutely love the blog world and keeping up with my blog on a daily basis, but lately I've found myself on the computer way more than I should be during the day and in the evening when I should be spending quality time with my husband and daughter. My goal is to set daily time limits and not be near a computer or phone during family time, such as meals and when we're watching shows or movies together. This also includes me working in my time management when it comes to the minutes I DO spend plugged in. Prioritize my list of to-do's and only work on those things. And do what needs to get done first! I hope to master this balancing act so I feel better about my job as a wife and more importantly as a mama to my little girl. Wish me luck!"

 

6 comments:

Stephen said...

I like this post Megan - "giving Grace" is a good way of putting it.

This post is getting shared!

Unknown said...

HOw fun!

I just wanted to let you know that it seems as though your images are broken. They're not showing up for me... Maybe it's just me?

Ashley said...

I like the "don't worry, be happy". So simple, yet so awesome if we actually did it!!

Sarah Leonard said...

I love these mantras! My word for the new year is SOAR! I'd love it if you ladies would link up your mantras to my Monday Mantras linkup tomorrow :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

ricci said...

Great Mantras!!!! Such a great idea!!!

Kera @ Nugget On A Budget said...

This came out great Megan :) I love this idea of highlighting your sponsors in such an inspiring and different way.