Blogging tips

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

6 Memories

Happy Tuesday! It's time to link up once again for Tuesday Topics.

The Austin Family Diary

6 Memories

1. Growing up I had a large group of friends (particularly in elementary school). Our birthdays were in back to back months. So from August to February, there was at least one birthday to celebrate each month. Of course, we always had big birthday parties and many times this involved a sleepover. Needless to say, there was always some kind of drama-we are girls after all.
This was my birthday. I'm the one holding up the pillow case.

2.  I will never forget the day I got engaged. You can read all the details here.

3. In late high school and beyond, I developed some wonderful relationships based around our faith in God. These girls mean the world to me and we made some great memories in the short amount of time we all were friends and living in the same area. There was plenty of karaoke and crazy sleepovers (you're never too old for sleepovers). One of my favorite memories is the beach trip we took one summer.


4. Some of my most priceless memories are the times spent with my grandparents. Unfortunately, both of my grandfathers died when I was in 8th grade and my grandmother passed away when I was a junior in college. You never have enough times with the ones you love.
My grandmother's last birthday and one of the last times I spent with her. Don't be jealous of how cool my brother is.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of me with my granddad on my computer. This is the picture of him we used at our wedding on a table in memory and in honor of our grandparents.


Our last Christmas with Peepaw
I try to enjoy every chance I get to spend with my Memaw. She is my last living grandparent.

5. One of the greatest rushes I've ever experienced was performing with my college's marching band. I got to go on some wonderful trips (Nashville and New Orleans). I was also able to perform on FSU's field, Georgia Tech's field, and in the Super Dome.

6. I love taking vacations and just hanging out with my family. Growing up, my family went to the beach every year together. We've also gone to Disney World, Texas, and the mountains together. I think the beach trip we took my senior year of high school was my favorite family beach trip.



It was really hard to just pick 6. I've also gone on some awesome trips that are great memories, but I couldn't share everything. 

7 comments:

Amy S said...

what fun memories! Thank you for sharing!

Megan @ EphesiansWife said...

Such a fun post! Great memories!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful friends! I totally agree that you are never to old for sleepovers.
That's really neat about your performances with the marching band!
Great memories!
Stopping by from Tuesday Topics ♥

Anonymous said...

It's great that some of your friendships were based around shared faith! I wish my husband and I could develop more like that.

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

So cool! It is awesome looking back at all of our memories. Hence why I love to blog!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Such fun memories :) I really liked this week's topic so we could take a trip down memory lane.

Shauna Quintero said...

Wow! How fun! We love traveling, too!

Visiting from Tuesday Topics!

www.mommacandy.com